Red Ranger Rooster Lays Down A Lot

thank God for this post!  I went to my local feed store and bought my first "Flock" of my life.  What a big mistake.  They where first suppose to be all pullets. Ya right!  What I eventually found out I had was 3 roosters, (1 Red Ranger (told he was a pullet red star, 1 crevecouer rooster and 1 White Rock Rooster) 2 pullets turned out to be 1 ranger and 1 mix pullet. 20 weeks later my rangers are struggling.  My Rooster is as large as a full grown male turkey with curly toe.  My Pullet has really bad hip problems.  What was the baby aspirin and Glucosomine regimen dosage to help them along.  My girl is getting ready to lay and I want to give her every chance in the world to do so.  Otherwise, I am going to have to put her down. My Rooster is soooo big that the curly toe makes him move very slow and hard for him to protect himself among much more smaller rooster.  Let this be a lesson to everyone.  Never give your business to a feed store and their seconds.  I feel so badly for being so green and not knowing what I was doing. They are my responsibility and It is in Gods hands .

So sorry to hear yours aren't doing so great! My rooster actually ended up being just fine once he hit about 4 months old and runs around like a crazy man no problem. Back when I put up this post I think I was giving him 1/4 of a baby aspirin and it helped but at 20 weeks yours are likely bigger than he was at that point. I also have two red ranger hens that I got in the same batch as the rooster, one hen has a hard time roosting at night so she lays on the ground or on the low roost but other than that she gets around just fine.
Hope this helps at least a little!

Back
Top Bottom