Red Sexlinks - love em hate em? Why?

WhiskyEye

Chirping
Mar 28, 2020
Hey all! I'm new to the backyard chicken game, and recently bought 3 red sexlink hens. I was able to go into the store coop and pick the ones I wanted. I waited to see which hens were curious, and took those home. They're so fun! They follow me around, come when called, hop into my lap to "help" me work. As I read through here I see people say they aren't fans of this kind of chicken. I got them for egg laying and so far so good.

I'm curious why they aren't a hen folks like? Is there a "best hen", general consensus? Thanks in advance! :)

Hey all! I'm new to the backyard chicken game, and recently bought 3 red sexlink hens. I was able to go into the store coop and pick the ones I wanted. I waited to see which hens were curious, and took those home. They're so fun! They follow me around, come when called, hop into my lap to "help" me work. As I read through here I see people say they aren't fans of this kind of chicken. I got them for egg laying and so far so good.

I'm curious why they aren't a hen folks like? Is there a "best hen", general consensus? Thanks in advance! :)
The reason people don't like them is they 1. aren't the coolest looking chicken, 2. they are more prone to egg laying disorders.

The reason people don't like them is they 1. aren't the coolest looking chicken, 2. they are more prone to egg laying disorders.

There are def cooler looking ones! I'll do some research on the disorders. Thanks for the info. :)

Back
Top Bottom