red spots on my 5 weeks brahma's poop

soufiane

Chirping
Nov 30, 2020
hi im newbie i have 2 five weeks brahmas that have droppings like this. not allthe time most of their poop is normal. but they drop a poop like this ramdomly . they eat and drink normaly
IMG20201130095726.jpg

Bloody poop is a sign of potential cocciadosis. You should get some Corid and treat your whole flock.
i went to the vet pharmacy and i showed him the same picture shown here. he gave me oxytetracycline with Vitamines . he said that its good for respiratory and digestive diseases . what do you think ?
PS: im new to this

i went to the vet pharmacy and i showed him the same picture shown here. he gave me oxytetracycline with Vitamines . he said that its good for respiratory and digestive diseases . what do you think ?
PS: im new to this
I don’t understand why he would give you vitamins for respiratory issues if you went for bloody poop? And if it is coccidiosis, oxytetracycline won’t do anything because this has nothing to do with bacteria; cocci is a protozoan parasite and you need amprolium (Corid) to starve the parasite of vitamin b and kill it. Coccidiosis is not a digestive issue - it doesn’t sound like your vet specializes in avian medicine or diseases.

I don’t understand why he would give you vitamins for respiratory issues if you went for bloody poop? And if it is coccidiosis, oxytetracycline won’t do anything because this has nothing to do with bacteria; cocci is a protozoan parasite and you need amprolium (Corid) to starve the parasite of vitamin b and kill it. Coccidiosis is not a digestive issue - it doesn’t sound like your vet specializes in avian medicine or diseases.
so i should buy corid just to be on the safe side. it wont intoxicate them if they dont have cocci right ?

I concur, looks like shed intestinal lining. More often with coccidia you get frank red blood or blood clots on the feces or splattered on the floor and roosts, although sometimes they are almost asymptomatic. To be on the safe side, you can always have a fecal sample checked by your local veterinarian for coccidia, but unless the birds are showing other signs of it, my money would be on simply normal intestinal shed.
Also, coccidiosis is the result of a protozooan parasite that sets up shop along various portions of the intestines and cecum, so it is a digestive issue in that way, but is not controlled or treated with antibiotics or vitamin supplementation. Antibiotics are sometimes used if there is concern of secondary bacterial infections in a severe infestation however.

I concur, looks like shed intestinal lining. More often with coccidia you get frank red blood or blood clots on the feces or splattered on the floor and roosts, although sometimes they are almost asymptomatic. To be on the safe side, you can always have a fecal sample checked by your local veterinarian for coccidia, but unless the birds are showing other signs of it, my money would be on simply normal intestinal shed.
Also, coccidiosis is the result of a protozooan parasite that sets up shop along various portions of the intestines and cecum, so it is a digestive issue in that way, but is not controlled or treated with antibiotics or vitamin supplementation. Antibiotics are sometimes used if there is concern of secondary bacterial infections in a severe infestation however.
thank you guys for the answers it really helps. im keeping an eyes for those chicks i will keep you posting for the devolopment.

Abraham And Sarah Says hi.

Attachments

• IMG20201130165215.jpg
    IMG20201130165215.jpg
    706.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom