1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Red star or comet???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by IamChickenMama, Sep 23, 2009.

1. IamChickenMama

IamChickenMama New Egg

Sep 23, 2009
    Upstate, NY
    Hi all!! I'm fairly new to raising chickens, I raise my girls for eggs only, and I got my first girls this past April from Tractor Supply..I was so excited about getting them I didn'd bother to ask what they were....I just knew they were hens! I've looked at several pictures of both breeds, and their eggs, but I still can't decide what breed my girls are...Can someone help me??? Many thanks!! Im also not sure how I can attach the pictures I uploaded so you can see them...I know that would help![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. IamChickenMama

IamChickenMama New Egg

Sep 23, 2009
    Upstate, NY
    Thanks teacher..how can I add the pics???

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    If you go up to the top of the page to Forum FAQ's you should find the answer to your question there...

[​IMG]

Chris

4. achieve1dream

achieve1dream Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2009
    The way I post pictures is easy. Go to wherever you uploaded the images and copy the image location url (you can right click and copy image location), then use the image button (img) that is above your smilies (when you make a new post on this board) and put the url between the two tags. It's pretty easy once you figure it out. [​IMG] Good luck!

5. IamChickenMama

IamChickenMama New Egg

Sep 23, 2009
    Upstate, NY
    Thanks for the help everyone!! I've added the pics!!

6. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    Good job uploading the pics! Practice makes perfect.

As for your question, its my understanding that red stars, comets, sex-links, cinamon queens, etc are just different names for the same thing.

7. tallieb

tallieb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Arizona
    They look like the red stars that I have.

8. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    I had a hard time telling the difference between red stars and golden comets...my hens look exactly the same and I thought they were golden comets, but I truely do not know. Hope someone here has an answer so I can finally know too!

9. wannabe_goatmom

wannabe_goatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Wellington KY
    Quote:This is what I thought too. Different hatcheries give them different names but they are all the same type of chicken, a sex-link.

10. henryetta

henryetta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    san diego, cali
    they look exactly like my "redstars"????...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by