Red swollen ball on hen

Have you tried to push the red tissue back inside the vent? Are you putting honey or Preparation H on it? Plain sugar with a couple of drops of water will work in a pinch to help the swelling go down. If the vent won't go back in easily, a little vegetable or olive oil will help. The longer it stays out, the tissue can dry out, and die. The prolapse can occur over and over for days, but just push it back inside and hold it as Sarevan instructed. Keeping her bottom washed off and clean will also help. Let us know how it's going.

Today I dusted my flock with dietomacous earth
smile.png
.gonna dust my sick girl precious tomorrow.
woot.gif

Hi. My chicken also had a red ball coming out. It was for sure a prolapsed vent but there was also a hard ball inside, it wasn't just her intestines. We bathed her with Epsum salts and I started to see if I could kind of "pop" the ball, like a pimple, because I could see a dark middle spot and it looked infected like it was a cist or something? Anyway, it wasn't easy but it did pop and a hard blood ball came out. I have no idea what it could be, does anyone know?? I can post a photo of what came out, a cut it in half and it looks like hard blood. Also there was the same thing but smaller, like pebbles. We'll see how she is tomorrow :/

Attachments

• PXL_20220328_154313537.jpg
    PXL_20220328_154313537.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom