Reedy Chicken Coop (with Chickens!)

Thanks for the kind words...from a first timer who knows nothing!

I did not think of entering it. I could not find my pics of me putting it together. I agree that the ladder is too steep. They all get down, but never go back up. There I am every night trying to get them into the top part without too much drama. I am going to have to build the run sooner than expected in order to fix that problem!!

Oh, the coop is 4'x4' - 6' tall in the front and 5' in the back. I drew out some ideas and just went from there. I already have a few things I need to fix on it, but the girls seem happy.

Here are some other pics...
26070_chickies_march_2009_001.jpg

26070_chickies_march_2009_017.jpg

26070_chickies_march_2009_051.jpg

26070_chickies_march_2009_050.jpg

Hey, my girls finally figured out the ladder. It is a bit steep, which will be faxed later - but no more "chicken grab" before bedtime!!

Jason

Great coop!!!

The only problem I see is that you can't close the coop door. I have a ramp as well but placed it so that it can be raised up against the bottom of the coop like a draw bridge. If predators dug into the run they could easily access the coop with the door being down.

I am hoping the wire will keep the predators out, but I do have an internal door for the hole in the floor of the coop.
smile.png

Jason

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom