Refusing to move after being diapered?

So apparently I have to justify/clarify. These chickens are not permanently inside, they're too young to be outside on their own and I was diapering them to allow them some time outside of their brooder to follow me around the house as they've imprinted on me and will scream if I leave the room. The diapers are made in a way that allow the poop to fall away from the vent and collect on a pad so pasty butt isn't an issue and they're changed regularly.
They've since gotten used to the diapers and will move, and just as an FYI i do in fact limit their time outside the brooder.
They aren't chirping at you. That's how they cuss in chicken.
Ok yeah that's a funny one lol

Diapers on any creature, human included, is pretty far from any definition of "natural" I know! Oh my goodness, this argument gets me giggling every time. 😋

Nobody asked for my opinion and I'm definitely butting in on a rather old thread, but I am having issues putting a dang diaper on my bantam cochin hen.
🤯🥰🤯
The alternative is to keep her locked in a cat carrier! She does not mind me messing with her, I just can't figure out how to manage all the FLUFF! 🥰😂😩🥰

P. S.
In case your wondering what's going on....
My sweet girl/purse chicken has always been an inside/outside chicken. At night she'd come inside to hang out, roost on her shelf, and during the day she'd play with the other hens outside. Scratching in the dirt snd eating bugs! "Real Chicken" stuff, you know. 😋
Anyhow.
I brought what I thought was a cold and muddy silky hen inside a few days ago, and then neurological symptoms suddenly showed up. Scary!
So, my sweet little fluff is isolated from the flock. She could roam the house in a diaper, spending time with her preferred people, or....not. After all, she's got a nice cat carrier with chopped straw. Much more natural, and much more boring & lonely. 😕

I'm not sure the question is, "Is it natural? Does the chicken enjoy wearing a diaper??"
(I don't believe anyone does.)
But rather, "is wearing a diaper going to improve the bird's quality of life? Or the humans?"
If the answer is the former, then shiny. Diaper away! 🤩

If it's the latter, then first of all mad props for being honest with yourself!! Then, I believe you have some deep soul searching to do about what kind of person you'd like to be.

....Or I could be totally wrong, mixed up and confused about all of this. Hm.

Back
Top Bottom