Regular feed to organic change ?

Pics
One thing I was advised by someone with experience is that the grain and nutrients ingredients of organic feed is difficult to source as pure organic. Many ingredients used are shipped in from China and although labeled as organic, is difficult to prove on this side of the pond. So the alleged organic you are paying for is not necessarily 100% organic.

Wouldn't eating it for half their life be half as good as eating it for their entire life instead of almost as good?
It just doesn't work that way. Government Certification is a Process Standard that must be met. As mentioned previously. I made that mistake, and it could have been disastrous. I did waste a lot of money though. I keep my mixed flock of 69 chickens, ducks and geese at 18 -19%. Keeps my larger breeds like Columbians from being overweight. If just for personal use and small flock, go for it. My flock picks thru the feed and actually throws out a lot of the expensive parts of the organic. I use Nutrena All flock. In winter I give whole corn(deer corn) better quality no where near the trash I pull out of the feed grade. Plus cheap loaves of white bread. Corn generates heat, and the bread gives them all the vitamins they may be missing in the winter from no forage. Right now all feed is high.

It just doesn't work that way. Government Certification is a Process Standard that must be met. As mentioned previously. I made that mistake, and it could have been disastrous. I did waste a lot of money though. I keep my mixed flock of 69 chickens, ducks and geese at 18 -19%. Keeps my larger breeds like Columbians from being overweight. If just for personal use and small flock, go for it. My flock picks thru the feed and actually throws out a lot of the expensive parts of the organic. I use Nutrena All flock. In winter I give whole corn(deer corn) better quality no where near the trash I pull out of the feed grade. Plus cheap loaves of white bread. Corn generates heat, and the bread gives them all the vitamins they may be missing in the winter from no forage. Right now all feed is high.
Not sure why you quoted me there.

Back
Top Bottom