Rehome a call duck

I was mainly meaning just looking at them side by side! But having a light breed other than height. My Runners have their moments when they are loud it’s mainly in the morning. Or another KC maybe your neighbors wouldn’t mind the quacking if it came with a gift of eggs!

Oh Webster, he is a challenge. So I'm considering making him his own enclosure. He's miserable living with the boys, and when he goes over to the three where the girl lives, he makes Polo miserable, by chasing him out and taking his place.
I've seen enclosures like rabbit hutches, and I can make him a run that will keep them safe during the day. I'm a little nervous getting a call duck girl, I've heard they're very loud. Is there another small breed quieter duck that would make a nice lady friend for him? He loves my Kahki Campbell, but she's the only girl in town.
Australian Spotteds are little bantams like calls but not quite as vocal. That's what I have, and the only time my little girlie gets loud is if she knows I'm in the other room and could be bringing back a tasty treat.

Hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to give an update on Webster. He’s doing great! Sadly we lost our 5 yr old partially blind pekin, Marco, in March to an apparent heart attack. He had an eye removed in February, and was recovering very well. Then the next day we lost Polo, our mallard to a hawk. We have a new policy of no ducks out of their pens, without someone present. Webster became Ruby’s official boyfriend. Watching them mate is pretty funny. We never had to clip his wings. He flies a little, but has no intentions of leaving! Here he is posing a few days ago.
His nickname is apricot pancake (because of his flat shape) and little beep beep, because of his distinctive quack.
7DB7AD1A-F060-4C6E-A366-23B9B95F5EE1.png
We tried to unsuccessfully hatch Marco/Ruby eggs when covid first hit. Work was slow, and I had a lot of free time to dedicate to ducklings. I went to TSC in NH and bought 2 pekin ducklings, ended up with a boy and a girl. We introduced them to Ruby and Webs early on. Now they’re grown, and share a run with Ruby and Webster. We may have to change things up next spring, but right now they’re the best of friends. I’m going to print this picture and put it in their house. It’s their family portrait!
7B5DF0DC-5A0B-4E60-8302-0048D0C28D3F.jpeg

L-R Daphne, Sir Francis Drake, Ruby, Webster

Hard to believe they’re the same ducklings I had in Zoom meetings with friends!
79FBC390-39A1-4E00-8ED1-4A9DF106ACC4.jpeg

I hope everyone is healthy and happy. Better days ahead!

Hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to give an update on Webster. He’s doing great! Sadly we lost our 5 yr old partially blind pekin, Marco, in March to an apparent heart attack. He had an eye removed in February, and was recovering very well. Then the next day we lost Polo, our mallard to a hawk. We have a new policy of no ducks out of their pens, without someone present. Webster became Ruby’s official boyfriend. Watching them mate is pretty funny. We never had to clip his wings. He flies a little, but has no intentions of leaving! Here he is posing a few days ago.
His nickname is apricot pancake (because of his flat shape) and little beep beep, because of his distinctive quack.
View attachment 2341066
We tried to unsuccessfully hatch Marco/Ruby eggs when covid first hit. Work was slow, and I had a lot of free time to dedicate to ducklings. I went to TSC in NH and bought 2 pekin ducklings, ended up with a boy and a girl. We introduced them to Ruby and Webs early on. Now they’re grown, and share a run with Ruby and Webster. We may have to change things up next spring, but right now they’re the best of friends. I’m going to print this picture and put it in their house. It’s their family portrait! View attachment 2341109
L-R Daphne, Sir Francis Drake, Ruby, Webster

Hard to believe they’re the same ducklings I had in Zoom meetings with friends! View attachment 2341111
I hope everyone is healthy and happy. Better days ahead!
I'm very sorry to hear about Marco and Polo. :(

Your new duckings are adorable, they grow up so fast! I'm happy Webster is doing so well!

Back
Top Bottom