Rehoming older hens to someone who knows nothing?

Pics
This was the first thing I tried to do. I asked if he was willing to treat the bumble foot one of them had, I asked him a few questions, and suggested BYC for new chicken owners. He acted like he hadn't even read it. He didn't answer any of my questions, all he wanted to do was come pick them up.
I would have gladly helped him, though he seemed unwilling to learn. :(
That's too bad. I've had some bad experiences myself, but thankfully I've been able to avoid most of them. I hope that they are going good with you changing your mind about them. I had a person who got really mad about me changing my mind because I didn't think that they were a good enough home. Thankfully, my Step-Dad knew how to deal with it. Without going into much detail, my Mom was actually scared by the person's reaction, so we was all very thankful that my Step-Dad knew what to do.

That's too bad. I've had some bad experiences myself, but thankfully I've been able to avoid most of them. I hope that they are going good with you changing your mind about them. I had a person who got really mad about me changing my mind because I didn't think that they were a good enough home. Thankfully, my Step-Dad knew how to deal with it. Without going into much detail, my Mom was actually scared by the person's reaction, so we was all very thankful that my Step-Dad knew what to do.
Wow! Thats crazy!
this guy never even responded after I changed my mind. I'm really glad he didn't get to take then though.
Some people off of Craigslist are just crazy!

Wow! Thats crazy!
this guy never even responded after I changed my mind. I'm really glad he didn't get to take then though.
Some people off of Craigslist are just crazy!
I'm glad to hear that he went good on it. Well, good enough anyways. Saying nothing would be good enough for me. Some people will just disappear, which is usually good. I hope that you are able to re-home your birds to a good home so that you don't have to eat them.
I've been a temporary home for birds in your birds' situation before. I take them temporary to save them from being eaten, then re-home them to a good home like a big farm or something. Too bad you couldn't find a temporary home like me that would be able to find them a good home for you.

Hey guys,
some of you may have seen both my threads on hopefully rehoming my older hens. I have one issue, I found them a home! 3 of them at least. The person is committed to picking them up, possibly on Friday, knows absolutely nothing. S/he has a coop from TSC that will probably nearly fit one chicken, and I think s/he wants to get more. The Barred Rock he wants to take has sever bumble foot, I have giving him lots of information for treating it, and all the info, but he hasn't even commented on trying to treat it. I plan on removing the core soon, so if he wants to take it on he will have to wrap every other, to every few days. These are his first chickens, is there anything I can do? I also think this person may be a kid, because they use U instead of you, and very short sentences. No comma's either. What would you do? Is it better then nothing? I'm kinda stumped. We will have to eat them if we can't rehome them, so any suggestions?
Here's a picture of the coop he has-
View attachment 2593543
Ideas?
After reading other comments, I would say why not try to meet this person first and have a discussion, rather than writing them off as a careless teen. I met a teen at a dinner last weekend and he was eager to tell me all about his chickens that he has been raising for the last 3 years.
I see the coop from TS is really small, but he may have used his own money to buy it and went by the info saying how many it would hold. You might have a chicken owner/lover for life on your hands with a little help, and encouragement. Are they near enough that you can visit every week for a few weeks to help them out?

After reading other comments, I would say why not try to meet this person first and have a discussion, rather than writing them off as a careless teen. I met a teen at a dinner last weekend and he was eager to tell me all about his chickens that he has been raising for the last 3 years.
I see the coop from TS is really small, but he may have used his own money to buy it and went by the info saying how many it would hold. You might have a chicken owner/lover for life on your hands with a little help, and encouragement. Are they near enough that you can visit every week for a few weeks to help them out?
It's been a while. I don't think it matters anymore.

Either way, the person didn't reply afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom