Relocating the coop

Haleekb

Chirping
Jun 26, 2021
So we recently cleaned out more of our property, this past spring got more chicks and we have relocated the coop for our hens, but they only go back there to eat and lay…at night Our adult hens roost on my shed roof, My “teenagers” and One rooster roost in my Wysteria tree and my 2 Sapphire gem roosters roost on my deck while my duck sleeps next to them on the ground!!! How can I get them to relocate back to the coops???

So we recently cleaned out more of our property, this past spring got more chicks and we have relocated the coop for our hens, but they only go back there to eat and lay…at night Our adult hens roost on my shed roof, My “teenagers” and One rooster roost in my Wysteria tree and my 2 Sapphire gem roosters roost on my deck while my duck sleeps next to them on the ground!!! How can I get them to relocate back to the coops???
Chase them or get a bag of mealworms and keep feeding them mealworms for a few weeks. Once they get used to you bringing mealworms start shaking the bag so they'll come running over to you and then toss some into their coop and quickly lock them up as soon as they all go inside.

Back
Top Bottom