Relocating to tricities are (Johnson City) Tennessee? Anyone from ther

Here is what happens when you live in the south. I recently found out two of my coworkers are cousins. Then I got a Christmas card from a neighbor. I knew them well enough but never knew their last time. It was the same as one of my coworkers.......so I asked my coworker if they knew a So-and-so. Well, yup. He's their cousin! LOL

I was recently at a chicken sale about 30-40 minutes away from where I live.....started chatting up the guy in the next car over. We were talking about the area I lived in. He knew the road I live on and once we kept talking, I realized he is the guy who gave a chicken to my neighbor last year. And he knew that I was the lady who had the horse for a while and who had given that same neighbor some chickens.

Everybody knows everybody. It is quite strange. Nice, but strange.

Isnt it like that everywhere in the country Bella? Cause up here in the north country EVERYONE is related to EVERYONE else. I learned that really fast when I said something less than savory about a real jerk in the area- said it in passing to a neighbor. found out a few days later it was her cousin, the nephew of another neighbor, the inlaw of another, and so on. I was mortified.

podunk. lol.

Oh, and if theyre not directly related then they've been best friends since birth, went to school together, and were drinking buddies.

Last edited:
I went to ETSU in Johnson City 100 years ago. It was a sleepy little town then, has grown up nicely. I think you'll find out in this economy people don't have time or inclination to worry about uprooted Yankees. Why, some of my best friends are Yankees.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom