Remember Me? The Dog who Broke in to Sleep with the Chickens?

LeftAtAlbuquerque

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 2, 2010
New Mexico Land of Enchantment
Hi! Remember me?

I'm Sophie, the dog who broke into the chicken tractor to sleep with the chickens. I'm not sure what all the fuss was about, but since we've now been formally introduced, I thought I'd stop by to say Hi.

56164_chicks_img_0035.jpg

I now keep watch over these 6 scatterbrained little babies. I prefer to think of them as puppies. My owners still won't trust me 100% with the little guys, but I'm working on that, and I don't think it will be too long now. Although I do have a few other pretty important jobs.......... like watching over the garden, chasing lizards, barking when the UPS lady rings the doorbell....... I have a really full day.

56164_img_0838.jpg

It's pretty hot this time of year, but for those of you who don't think the desert can be lush and beautiful, take a look at my yard...

56164_img_0842.jpg

56164_img_0844.jpg

I don't know why the silly girls haven't even found this part of the garden yet, but for now, it's all mine!

56164_img_0845.jpg

Here's my little brother, Skippy. He can't be trusted around the girls as much as I can. I don't know why..... really, the only thing he wants to do is eat their food.

56164_img_0847.jpg

But that's okay, it's MY job to watch the flock. And just in case you think I'm slacking.... I'm NOT........... even if it looks like I'm sleeping, I have eyes in the back of my head (or so my mother used to say).

56164_img_0835.jpg

I've really got more important things to do, but I'll make sure they don't get into the tomatoes since that makes my Mum and Dad really mad, and I'll see to it that they get back into their house at night.

56164_img_0846.jpg

I'd love to hear from you.... Anybody who loves chickens is a friend of mine!

Your friend,
XXXOOO
Sophie

Hi Sophie!!
frow.gif
You are a very beautiful girl!! Great job watching over the chickies!
thumbsup.gif
Tell your mum to give you an extra doggie cookie from me!!
love.gif

You are a beautiful dog and a great "mom" for some really good looking chickens! Keep up the good work and come train my dog some day
wink.png

Well Hello Sophie!
big_smile.png
You have nice chickens!! I really like your yard too. My name is Cherokee and I am supposed to protect my new friends just like you. Mom and dad raised them in a big cage in MY room (they call it the family room) so I'd get used to them and them me. My sister is an old lady--almost 16 years old. Mom and Dad tell me I have to be nice to her cause she can't see too well anymore. Emma still sniffs the chicken coop though--mom says she still acts like she is a tough young terrier and doesn't let her be alone with my chickens. Oh, and for some reason everyone says they bet I can hear really well--of course I can but they keep asking if I get cable--do you know what that means??
hu.gif

Me--waiting for mom to throw the ball--gosh I love to play ball!
39619_silly_cherokee.jpg

Oh, I guess I should let you see Emma too--even though she can't see you too well, heeheehee:
39619_emma.jpg

Nice job Sophie, I'm Norma Jean and I got in trouble for sleeping in the brooder. Really I wasn't going to eat them. Besides feathers get stuck in my teeth and with out opposable I can't floss. Really I'm a nice cat, I just like to chase balls of tin foil.

Back
Top Bottom