Announcement Remembering Sumi

I lost my husband last year too. It's hard isn't it? Hugs to you. đź’—
:hugs It is hard to lose a husband. My Calvin and I were together only about 3 years, and I knew he was terminal with leukemia from the start, but ... it was still devastating to lose him. I wasn't done with him yet! One of the last things he whispered to me before slipping into his final sleep was, "Be happy," and I am. I've married again and I'm loved. But I am SO looking forward to that happy day when the graves are opened and I'll see him again, free of pain and the ravages of disease, at Jesus' side. Oh happy day!
My DS1's father passed 12 years ago. I was only with him for 3 years but his life and death taught me so much. I truly believe he was meant to make the impact he did and I only hope he watches over our son as he has his own life obstacles.
Two days before his dad passed (my 20th birthday), we had a talk about what we'd want for each other if one died young. I told him I wanted him to be alone and never move on :lol: but he told me that he would want me to move on and be happy for our son.
5 years later, I met my now DH... coincidentally, it was after I finally accepted my loss and was willing to move on whether I was to be single the rest of my life or not, I was going to be happy.
Crazy how life happens.

This is a day of remembrance for me. A day two years ago that an incredibly wonderful member of our community and amazing friend passed away.

Sumi will always be remembered and missed.

Hard to believe it's been 2 years, it seems a lot longer. She made a huge impact on a lot of people (me for one) and will always be missed.

sumi was such a sweet soul, I remember her when I come onto here or BackYard Herds often. I wish I would've shown my husband all her pretty photos from her travels to places in Ireland, I sure loved those. I remember when she was....what was it now...refurbishing a stone building into a chicken coop it may have been? On the property she lived on there. sumi remains greatly missed.

Back
Top Bottom