Remembering Those We Lost

Isabella6Storm4

Free Ranging
Oct 4, 2022
Ardonia
It seems that there are a couple threads like this already but I decided to start another one. With every flock comes a few very special birds. Birds that you will remember for a long time even when they pass away. Every now and then I remember mine and get a bit emotional. I'm a bit more attached to roosters, but there are a couple hens I really miss.

Gobbles was my first rooster we had to butcher because of suburb rules.
Morning Glory was a Leg Horn that caught Wry Neck then Marek's and after a long struggle of syringe feeding and attention she didn't make it.
Storm was my rooster who, after I found him laying the woods, was treated for Botulism and recovered after a month only to be executed two months later because of acting a tad aggressive at my mom (which we needed because we were having predator problems.)
Fred was my guinea hen who after loosing all his fellow guinea hens, found a white chicken to be his friend and was never apart from her till he met his fate in the road.
Isabella was my hen who lived to the old age of 5 or 6 years old until a fox stole her for dinner.

RIP my feathered friends

The only pics I have are of
Storm
1671572546844.jpeg

and
Fred
1671572338050.jpeg

I’m sorry for the loss of your chickens. I have only had a few die but they were the favorite ones. Whopper was a buff Orpington hen who after we healed an injury on her foot would run to us whenever she saw us. She went broody and we decided to give her some chicks to take care of. She died while broody. We still don’t know why. The other was coconut who was also a buff Orpington hen and acted a lot like whopper. She had a really bad case of egg bound and didn’t make it😢

Whopper
92C3B790-67EA-49C3-BEA6-93390ED32E40.jpeg

Coconut
8F9BB8C7-319D-4506-8188-E9AD2F80C970.jpeg

I ended up having to get rid of my first flock of chickens, i couldnt bear to butcher them so i gave them away. I miss them so much, and i wish i could have kept them. Now my brahma i have now i have to butcher she has a foot injury and it cant be fixed, she limps on it every day and she can bately walk.
20220202_153642.jpg
20220202_153645.jpg

Back
Top Bottom