Rent a peacock.....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by peachick, Dec 16, 2008.

1. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Girl called today, asked if I had peacocks. Then asked if I rent them out "for like parties and stuff". She is haveing a party for a boyfriend and wanted to have exotic animals just walking around.
    I informed her that a peacock would fly away....
    "Oh My Gosh, PEACOCKS CAN FLY? ..... Well, could I like put a leash on him??"............

[​IMG]

2. lobb40118

lobb40118 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    LOL.......I have my two and i am sure to watch their pen door when the kids go in and out because i do not want them flying around the neighborhood...lol

3. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    i didnt know they could fly either! ive only seen the one they have at the zoo. [​IMG]

4. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    [​IMG]

5. spookyevilone

spookyevilone Crazy Quail Lady

Oct 5, 2008
    Minneapolis
    OOOOOH pretty picture [​IMG]
    -Spooky

6. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You had to be dying inside of laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the leash?!?!?!?! If you do decide to, "rent them" and "leash them" please do take pictures!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Bet sweet girlfriend has never considered that exotic critters wandering around means exotic piles of poop for her friends to step in. [​IMG]

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    WHAT A PHOTO!

9. crazedguinea

crazedguinea Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2008
    se pa
    oh that is too funny....i can't imagine my peacocks on leashes and yes mine too can fly-very well, very fast, and very high. oh this was a great story-ha ha ha. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Well, they do rent doves and such out [​IMG] So I guess I can see where she got the idea...... but yeah, I could just see how the reality of that scenario would play out [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by