Reporter doing a story on turkey eggs and looking to interview folks...

cpassy

Hatching
Nov 12, 2016
Hi, my name is Charles Passy and I'm a reporter with The Wall Street Journal, based in New York. I'm doing a story about turkey eggs, tied to (what else?) Thanksgiving.

I'm interested in speaking to folks who raise turkeys for their eggs, be it eggs that they eat themselves or eggs they sell on the market for consumption (to chefs, gourmet markets or just straight to hungry and adventurous individuals). I'm curious how much of a market there is and some of the challenges and issues with raising turkeys for their eggs. I'm also curious about what the eggs taste like, how difficult or easy they are to use (I've heard about how the shells are tough to crack) and what are some of the best ways to use them.

I've read a little about the subject, but I'm eager to speak with those who have direct experience. Please let me know if you'd be willing to speak. You can contact me by sending a message through BackYardChickens.com (I got permission from the site owner to post this and gather responses) or you may contact me directly through my work email: [email protected].

Hope to hear from as many of you as possible.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Charles Passy

Also, if you do respond to me... If possible, please give me your email. It seems there's a limit on number of private messages per day you can send through BackYardChickens.com (and I'm hoping to hear from lots of folks!). Thanks, Charles.

Back
Top Bottom