Reporting owing a Rooster in violation of local ordinance.

I prefer roosters to the sound of traffic and barking dogs, too. But the OP can call the county if it's illegal in the zone they live in in Dania Beach, FL.

See? Maybe not relevant, but perfectly ok. :)
the op asked who they can call about the rooster and was basically told they should like the sounds of roosters.

neither relevant nor helpful.

the op asked who they can call about the rooster and was basically told they should like the sounds of roosters.

neither relevant nor helpful.
kind of ironic, cos neither is this.

As it is.
the civil way would be to talk with the owner of the offensive bird IMO.
I hate the schoolmarm and hall monitor way of making it through life.
your mileage may vary.

Not sure this thread is relevant as the OP posted once and never returned to see others' input.

I read the Broward County laws. If I'm reading it correctly, it really depends on the zone OP lives in. Only on smaller residential properties are roosters prohibited. On larger (over 10k sq ft and called "estates" in Broward law literature), rural, and ag properties, roosters are permitted. Idk.

Yeah, in that region of FL the rules vary greatly within very small areas. I doubt there's a county-wide restriction on any kind of livestock.
In and around Miami / Homestead / etc. tons of people keep their horses on their property. Some subdivisions are designed as micro farms of about an acre or less. I know people with such a setup and it's actually quite nice with community shared riding trails and manicured lush paddocks.

Miami also has a terrible feral chicken problem. OP, you mentioned the crow can be heard blocks away. If you haven't personally witnessed the rooster caged within someone's property, it's going to be really hard to say who it belongs to.
Mike Rowe did an episode of Dirty Jobs featuring an organization that hunts feral chickens. They said they don't even hope to eradicate the feral chicken problem, merely to lower the numbers. The environment is just too hospitable for jungle birds.

Yeah, in that region of FL the rules vary greatly within very small areas. I doubt there's a county-wide restriction on any kind of livestock.
In and around Miami / Homestead / etc. tons of people keep their horses on their property. Some subdivisions are designed as micro farms of about an acre or less. I know people with such a setup and it's actually quite nice with community shared riding trails and manicured lush paddocks.

Miami also has a terrible feral chicken problem. OP, you mentioned the crow can be heard blocks away. If you haven't personally witnessed the rooster caged within someone's property, it's going to be really hard to say who it belongs to.
Mike Rowe did an episode of Dirty Jobs featuring an organization that hunts feral chickens. They said they don't even hope to eradicate the feral chicken problem, merely to lower the numbers. The environment is just too hospitable for jungle birds.
If there's a feral chicken population, then that means it could be a wild rooster, that's why I asked if he knew which neighbor had the rooster. It could be a clutch of loud hens. My RIR are louder than my roo. 🤣

If there's a feral chicken population, then that means it could be a wild rooster, that's why I asked if he knew which neighbor had the rooster. It could be a clutch of loud hens. My RIR are louder than my roo. 🤣
Or a crowing hen. I had a sebright that loved to crow after I broke her from being broody. Didn't suddenly make her a rooster

Back
Top Bottom