May 29, 2019
I've posted before about my poor, beloved EE, who after a few months of laying beautiful large blue eggs daily suddenly had issues with thin shelled and rubber eggs. Intermittent thin shelled eggs led to almost daily thin shelled eggs, with only a normal one every couple weeks (normal but still fragile). It seems these eggs stress her because right after she passes them she goes through a period of acting dazed, and even more troublingly, has clear egg white looking fluid dripping from her vent and coating her poop.

This morning I caught her in one of these dazes, a string of clear fluid dripping down her vent. She had played a soft shell egg overnight or early in the morning. She seemed as if she was still trying to pump something out, and dropped some poop with lots of clear material. I isolated her to keep an eye on her.

Upon isolation I also noticed her crop, while not large nor hard, had a dough-like ball in it. I've since read that crop issues can be linked to reproductive issues 😥

So, any tips on helping her with the doughy crop? I've tried everything I can to get her laying regularly to no avail--sadly I believe she has an internal issue. Overall, and aside from this morning, she has been spunky, eats and drinks. Since this morning, while she is alert, tail up, and her comb is a nice red, her appetite is low. Please let me know what I might try to give her a boost and get her crop clearing out.

Back
Top Bottom