Reproductive issues

@Chrissy D What part of the state are you in?
You can over night the body to our state lab for a for sure answer.

You mentioned that you had some type of reproductive disorder or issue with another bird in the past... How do you know that's what happened to that bird?

Notice
There are 4 labs.
https://tvmdl.tamu.edu/tests/necropsy-poultry/
Necropsy was done on my first girl. This mimicked it to a tee, with the addition of some blood from the crop.

Internal hemorrhaging sounds like a possibly with the fact you mentioned blood being spit up from the crop. Wondering if she ate something sharp, or something else internally happened.

A necropsy can still be done(at home). Just need to unbury her, & clean her off a bit.
When we built our coop we went over everything with magnet rollers and rakes to insure we got everything out of the area. When they free range I watch them like the hawks do. But this girl was a picky eater, she had no desire to eat anything other than greens or layer crumble. A few bugs when free ranging. I can’t do the necropsy myself. Just don’t have it in me as of yet. I will thoughtfully consider sending her in for necropsy.

When we built our coop we went over everything with magnet rollers and rakes to insure we got everything out of the area. When they free range I watch them like the hawks do. But this girl was a picky eater, she had no desire to eat anything other than greens or layer crumble. A few bugs when free ranging. I can’t do the necropsy myself. Just don’t have it in me as of yet. I will thoughtfully consider sending her in for necropsy.
Chickens can get ahold of things that you may not see right away. A chicken ate string without me knowing one time, until she started pooping it out. She was fine though.

I had to work up the courage to do a necropsy on my rooster. I know how it is.

Back
Top Bottom