Pics
I had a ball python before and it was I sanely vicious, but it was being fed live mice before I bought it. It was rough handling it because it did want to bite me constantly.

I recommend you NEVER feed live mice! It turns them into an insane predator and they aren't friendly once they have that prey drive with live mice.

Other than that, I loved my ball python!

Look up banana pastel ball python... That's the snake I saw last weekend! Tell me it's not gorgeous!

They are sooo gorgeous. I'm so sad you can't have ball pythons in Australia since they're not native.

I had a ball python before and it was I sanely vicious, but it was being fed live mice before I bought it. It was rough handling it because it did want to bite me constantly.

I recommend you NEVER feed live mice! It turns them into an insane predator and they aren't friendly once they have that prey drive with live mice.

Other than that, I loved my ball python!

I would never feed my snake live prey. Besides the fact I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Australia, I've heard too many bad stories about either aggressive snakes or rats fighting back. It's just so horrible.

They are sooo gorgeous. I'm so sad you can't have ball pythons in Australia since they're not native.

I would never feed my snake live prey. Besides the fact I'm pretty sure it's illegal in Australia, I've heard too many bad stories about either aggressive snakes or rats fighting back. It's just so horrible.
My friends parents had a 4 ft ball python and it was so mellow. It ate frozen thawed rabbits and rats.

I discovered today that my stick insect was dead. She must have lived her full lifespan as they are only meant to live for 8-12 months. My stick insects never bred like I was hoping. I'm hoping though to use the now empty tank for a snake soon.

I'm thinking of getting either a centralian carpet python or a black headed python.
If anyone has any other type snake they'd recommend I'd love to hear it. However, it has to be an Australian native (exotics are illegal as pets) and can't be venomous (don't recommend the inland taipan!). I'd love to hear what people's experience with different snakes has been as I've never had one before. I'm so excited to get one.

I love carpet pythons. I think their patterns are so beautiful and their temperaments are pretty nice too. Im not sure about your subspecies but the ones we have avalible here are not too big either. Once theyre too big i get intimidated :oops:

I'm obsessed with the pastel ball pythons! I saw one at that reptile store and it was so gorgeous my jaw hit the floor!

Oh man yes the color morphs of the balls are incredible. Ive only ever met one in thousands who was mean as all can be.

I love carpet pythons. I think their patterns are so beautiful and their temperaments are pretty nice too. Im not sure about your subspecies but the ones we have avalible here are not too big either. Once theyre too big i get intimidated :oops:

Oh man yes the color morphs of the balls are incredible. Ive only ever met one in thousands who was mean as all can be.
I get intimidated by big snakes too, I'm more into lizards than snakes!

I made Cinder a leash, and took him down the road. I believe he’s a boy, but I only had the color purple.
image.jpg

I was looking at more snake species and came across two more I love and want.

I was considering an olive python. I love their olive skin. But I think I'd be throwing myself in the deep end with one of Australia's largest snakes!

I also came across the jungle carpet python which is one of the most stunning snakes I've seen (look them up if you don't know what I mean). Also the breeder I got Sam from has them for a reasonable price (cost was also holding me back from some of the other snakes).

So I think I may be going for a jungle carpet python. Does anyone have experience with them? I would love to hear good experience, bad experience, would you recommend for a first time snake owner? I do have experience with reptiles and am not afraid of getting bitten. so excited!

Back
Top Bottom