Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

Holy Cow Meow! What an incubator circus you have!! Where did you get your Mottled Houdans? That is so cool!

I'm wanting Araucanas. I'm also thinking some Jersey Giants would be fun.

I wish I could see your set up (both of you ladies) 'cause I'm SURE I WOULD BE JEALOUS!!
droolin.gif

I just had to make a Hatching Dates calendar to keep up
gig.gif
love.gif
The Mottled Houdans came from Banjoe Joe and here. Just PM him if you want some. He sent 8 eggs and 7 look really good but it is only day 4 on them so
fl.gif
love.gif
love.gif
! I will have to get a pic of my guest room for you. It is filled with the baters and brooder boxes
lau.gif
gig.gif
love.gif
. I hope if we get any company they like chicklets
gig.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Holy Cow Meow! What an incubator circus you have!! Where did you get your Mottled Houdans? That is so cool!

I wish I could see your set up (both of you ladies) 'cause I'm SURE I WOULD BE JEALOUS!!
droolin.gif

last summer I had three incubators going pretty much non stop.. everything from quail to muscovys to turkeys and assorted chickens... I have 4 running now... one is empty awaiting 3 emu eggs that will be here this week.(keeping it nice and warm so it's on and running empty at the moment). another has mutt chicken eggs in it.. another is filled with marans eggs and mutt eggs.. and the reptipro has 6 emu eggs.. the mutt and marans are due to hatch the end of this week and i have 3 more emu eggs coming to go in it when the chickens are out... in all I'm expecting to have 12 emu eggs incubating by the end of this week

still have an empty bator in the office... just keeping it as a backup!

Hope ya'll have good hatches!

Chris (Reptipro), the incubator has been salvaged for parts. Very snazzy new bator you have goin there!

P.S. Ya'll aren't helping with this obsession of wanting to put more eggs in the bator..

Quote:

What kind of Turkeys do you raise? I'm thinking of doing some this Spring once I get the quail going. I want some for the freezer. Do you process your own poultry? I was watching a processing youtube yesterday. I think I might have a little trouble doing them in since I care for them everyday but my friend Jim says he'll do it. I don't think I will have any trouble after they are gone though doing the cleaning. I used to help my Mom with the animals my Dad used to bring home from hunting. I like the thought that they are treated so much better than the animals raised for the grocery stores.
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

droolin.gif

Hope ya'll have good hatches!

Chris (Reptipro), the incubator has been salvaged for parts. Very snazzy new bator you have goin there!

P.S. Ya'll aren't helping with this obsession of wanting to put more eggs in the bator..

Deb Hot2Pot has some AWESOME eggs available at Auction and Charm1704 and Bargin do too
love.gif
hugs.gif
hide.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

What kind of Turkeys do you raise? I'm thinking of doing some this Spring once I get the quail going. I want some for the freezer. Do you process your own poultry? I was watching a processing youtube yesterday. I think I might have a little trouble doing them in since I care for them everyday but my friend Jim says he'll do it. I don't think I will have any trouble after they are gone though doing the cleaning. I used to help my Mom with the animals my Dad used to bring home from hunting. I like the thought that they are treated so much better than the animals raised for the grocery stores.
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Only heritage breeds.. I have some Chocolates, a few Bourbon Reds, a nice Nargansett / Bourbon Red cross tom, a Bronze hen and a few Spanish Blacks.. and a few assorted mixes.. I think I have just over 20 at the moment.. but there a few that will be going to freezer camp soon..
Also have these guys coming from Porters this spring:
2 Tiger Bronze
2 Lilac
2 Sweetgrass
2 Blue Penciled Palms
2 Bourbon Red
7 Assorted poults

Wow Melissa how generous of you! How many can you fit in a large priority box? I can't wait for them to start laying, thank you I really appreciate it :) . Yinepu, do you offer your turkey eggs for sale? If so I'd be interested in buying some, any breed/cross. In a few weeks hopefully this thread will be fullllll of pics of all sorts of fuzzie butts!

Wow Melissa how generous of you! How many can you fit in a large priority box? I can't wait for them to start laying, thank you I really appreciate it :) . Yinepu, do you offer your turkey eggs for sale? If so I'd be interested in buying some, any breed/cross. In a few weeks hopefully this thread will be fullllll of pics of all sorts of fuzzie butts!

I've never sold any of my eggs.. lol.. i have a bad habit of just giving them away!
The only reason I have never sent quail eggs to anyone was because I didn't have the little cartons to ship them in..

Hopefully my turkeys start laying soon.. the boys have been strutting and showing off.. but so far the girls don't seem too impressed!

Quote:

Yinepu I just tracked the cartons and it looks like they might arrive on Monday
celebrate.gif
!!! Of course the postoffice has been holding my mail hostage lately soooooo
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
I would love to buy some turkey eggs off of you as well
hugs.gif
love.gif

Msheets the eggs are quite large but I bet it will hold a good dozen or maybe even a dozen and a half. Of course we want to make sure they have a ton of packing. All three girls lay in the same nest
gig.gif
so it doesn't take long to gather a bunch of eggs. The shells are really solid so I bet they ship well
fl.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
. I usually just feed them to my baby dog for a breakfast snak. If I don't break them open for her she'll bury them in my vegie garden
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
An extra treat for the coons when they are looking for worms
hugs.gif
love.gif

Yinepu I just tracked the cartons and it looks like they might arrive on Monday
celebrate.gif
!!! Of course the postoffice has been holding my mail hostage lately soooooo
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
I would love to buy some turkey eggs off of you as well
hugs.gif
love.gif

Msheets the eggs are quite large but I bet it will hold a good dozen or maybe even a dozen and a half. Of course we want to make sure they have a ton of packing. All three girls lay in the same nest
gig.gif
so it doesn't take long to gather a bunch of eggs. The shells are really solid so I bet they ship well
fl.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
. I usually just feed them to my baby dog for a breakfast snak. If I don't break them open for her she'll bury them in my vegie garden
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
An extra treat for the coons when they are looking for worms
hugs.gif
love.gif
Lol.. sounds like I need to go squeeze some eggs out of those quail!
They were little egg laying machines til a week ago when I rearranged their "flocks".. had a few males that were a bit too amorous and were wearing out the feathers on the girls backs.... so hopefully they pick back up within the next few days.. any idea how many eggs you want?... just remember some may get broken in transit since quail shells are really thin.. so plan for more than you want to hatch out

as soon as my turkeys start laying I'll let y'all know.. not asking anything for the eggs so long as you send a little something my way to help with shipping.

Back
Top Bottom