Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

How was your hatch Melissa??!!!!! I have one to and yes the humidity really gets high if you're not careful. Im now using thr dry hatch method and this is the second time I've used te reptipro. My first hatch was a disaster and this one is doing great so far. My eggs were put in at different dates so I have 7 out of 8 early eggs that have hatched! Looking good, my next hatch day in next Tuesday then the last eggs are due 5 days after that.

thumbsup.gif

Hi There
frow.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
I refined my dry incubation technique and actually had 22 out of 23 eggs hatch successfully the first time and 16 out of 18 the second hatch and 12 out of 14 on the third try
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
. I am litteraly doing a totally dry incubation from beginning to end! I don't ever add water or increase the humidity at all. I am letting the hatching chicklets bring up the humidity level with their natural humidity in their shells. I was adding water when I would see the first pip but I was ending up with 5 or 6 dead in shell at the end of the hatch. I think they were drowning when I would increase the humidity. Now that I stopped adding water and just let the hatching chicklets increase the humidity I am not losing as many chicklets with the dead in shell problem at the end of the hatch
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

I do not have a turner but plan to buy one ASAP..So far I have only used mine for lockdown...but the temp diff on mine has only varied one degree from top shelf to bottom...I keep it set on 103. the temp on top shelf is 101, temp on bottom is 100. I do notice a jump in humidity from 70% to almost 85% on the last hatch when the chicks start emerging, so Im going to start out lower at 60%. I do a dry incubation in a LG for the first 18 days ( Thanks to MSHEETS ! )
I have modified my shelves with a small gage wire extended out about 1/4 inch so that the chicks can not fall between shelves and zip tied to the shelf itself ( praise the Lord for zip ties! ) then during hatching I place shelf liner down. I keep a small jar of water on the bottom shelf. Humidity is not a problem in these incubators. That is one of the things I love the most. No more shrink wrapped chicks.for me..I have found that this little incubator is perfect for me and my small hatches. And for those of you that are in nail biting mode for the last days, this incubator has taking all the stress out of my hatching process because of its reliable temps and humidity. just my 2 cents worth...

melodym78- So what do you think of the 6000? Did you get the turners, how many eggs does it fit comfortably? Did they fix the temp difference problem on the different levels? How do you deal with the space between the door and the shelves? I am wanting to order one next month but DH wants me to wait until some of the First to get them have time to let us know what they think? Soo?
Anyone else out there have feedback on the 6000 yet? Come on we know that some of you are "sitting" on them. Inquiring minds NEED to know!!

Ok to all of you who have the repti pro. We have the repti 5000, and in doing the temp test with a water in a bowl,(per the reptipro video) our temp needs to be set at 107. That gives us water temp of 99.5 - 100. the temp on the inside thermoneters reads 103, so what temp should we follow for incubating eggs, the bowel of water or the inside thermoneters?

We did one hatch and had fertile eggs of 16, in the end we only had 6 hatch. Something didnt go right. Now at that hatch we had inside thermoneters reading 99 - 100. We did dry incubate till lockdown and then the humidity raised to 70 - 80% depending on the hatching eggs.

So my thought is the humidity got a little to high, maybe the temps were not right? So since that hatch we have been running tests without eggs. Need to figure what thermoneters to trust next time and will try again.

Thanks for the help.

Ok to all of you who have the repti pro. We have the repti 5000, and in doing the temp test with a water in a bowl,(per the reptipro video) our temp needs to be set at 107. That gives us water temp of 99.5 - 100. the temp on the inside thermoneters reads 103, so what temp should we follow for incubating eggs, the bowel of water or the inside thermoneters?

We did one hatch and had fertile eggs of 16, in the end we only had 6 hatch. Something didnt go right. Now at that hatch we had inside thermoneters reading 99 - 100. We did dry incubate till lockdown and then the humidity raised to 70 - 80% depending on the hatching eggs.

So my thought is the humidity got a little to high, maybe the temps were not right? So since that hatch we have been running tests without eggs. Need to figure what thermoneters to trust next time and will try again.

Thanks for the help.

for the eggs that hatched.. what day did they hatch on?.. that will tell you if your temps were too high or too low

for the 6 emu eggs that I incubated in the Reptipro I had 3 hatch... they were all shipped eggs from 3 different breeders (3 separate shipments)

I did move them to another incubator for hatch since emus need a lot of room to hatch (and a lot of head room)

from the first shipment, 3 eggs were from Heston, Kansas.. 2 hatched.. so I think the other egg was infertile since it never showed any sign of life

the 2 eggs from Auburn, California must have gotten scrambled in transit.. they also never showed any sign of life and were due to hatch March 1st

the single egg that came from Elberta, Alabama hatched early this morning (he was due to hatch tomorrow).

In all I'm very happy with the Reptipro .. I would have left the emu eggs in it through hatch if they had more room..
So when they moved out I moved 3 more eggs into the Reptipro.. they are questionable eggs though since they haven't wiggled yet.. however they still have more time to incubate.. so I'm not counting them completely out yet

Once all the emus are done hatching I'm planning on incubating some coturnix quail in the Reptipro

Back
Top Bottom