Reptipro 5000 Hatch-A-Long (=

you never know what kind of eggs you will end up with
tongue.png
so I got the turners too.
right now this is what is in my reptipro
I have the overwhelming urge to call it mr. magoo but so far I call it #8 4 more eggs to go!

you never know what kind of eggs you will end up with
tongue.png
so I got the turners too.
right now this is what is in my reptipro
I have the overwhelming urge to call it mr. magoo but so far I call it #8 4 more eggs to go!

Congrats again on the baby!
love.gif

oh I always know what I'll end up with (as far as what kind of eggs)... husband and i have already discussed what isn't allowed! lol

Looks like you set your bator up differently than i did.. I have styro egg cartons raising up the bottom shelf a bit.. it was the easiest way for me to get more of a constant temp between the shelves.. which also didn't allow room for the emus to hatch.. what's the temp down where your emu baby is laying?

Last edited:
I'm mad at my Reptipro at the moment. I've had 0% hatch rate in our last 5 hatches. We had 2 successful hatches in it this time last year & not a darn thing since. It is temporarily retired to the shed. A total of 71 eggs have died in there this past year. I'm not gonna use it again until we figure out what the deal is with it.

Besides, it's just so much easier to let broody hens do the work. And a lot less electricity LOL.

WOW, are you seeing temp/humidity swings? The Reptipro Rep may be able to help you out, give them a call.

I'm mad at my Reptipro at the moment. I've had 0% hatch rate in our last 5 hatches. We had 2 successful hatches in it this time last year & not a darn thing since. It is temporarily retired to the shed. A total of 71 eggs have died in there this past year. I'm not gonna use it again until we figure out what the deal is with it.

Besides, it's just so much easier to let broody hens do the work. And a lot less electricity LOL.

Im gonna try this...I love not having to worry about the humidity .....

Hi There
frow.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
I refined my dry incubation technique and actually had 22 out of 23 eggs hatch successfully the first time and 16 out of 18 the second hatch and 12 out of 14 on the third try
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
. I am litteraly doing a totally dry incubation from beginning to end! I don't ever add water or increase the humidity at all. I am letting the hatching chicklets bring up the humidity level with their natural humidity in their shells. I was adding water when I would see the first pip but I was ending up with 5 or 6 dead in shell at the end of the hatch. I think they were drowning when I would increase the humidity. Now that I stopped adding water and just let the hatching chicklets increase the humidity I am not losing as many chicklets with the dead in shell problem at the end of the hatch
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

egg #1 has hatched
wee.gif
I now have 2 babys I think the big one is an it and the new one is a male by head markings
egg #8 aka mystery magoo

It was recommended after my first hatch that I increase my incubate temp so I went from 100F to 101F air temp at shelf level. I also did a dry incubate at around 29-32% and increased to 55% at lockdown. I did test the water temp of the container on the very bottom and it was 94F! Now if the average temp difference between the very bottom and the shelf is 2F-3F then that means the water (egg) temp on my shelf would be around 96-97F. So it appears that the air temp is too low for the actual egg temp to be 100F. I guess I'll pull everything tomorrow and set the air temp (probably around 106F) for a water temp at shelf height of 100F.

So listen to the Reptipro folks and set your temp to get a correct water temp at shelf height - I think my experience so far justifies that policy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom