ReptiPro 6000 Digital Egg Incubators- Exclusive BYC Price!

Thanks for the feedback @Jrose & @Kathyb2 !

We are working on a 7000 model and we will definitely take your suggestions and implement them into the new design. We love hearing what our customers say so we can continually improve our products.

Have a great weekend!

A little more feedback on the model 6000:

I've loved the last 18 days of not having to fuss with the temp! However, this is what I've noticed thus far and what I'm experiencing going into lockdown:
1. I have the unit set to 101 but it spends about 80% of its time at 99 on the digital readout. It's like it struggles to keep 101 on the readout. Regardless of the fluctuations on the digital readout, it seems to keep a consistent 101 inside. The second shelf is .5-1 degree lower than the top, and my home-made third shelf, about 3" off the bottom, is another .5-1 degree cooler. I think altering the design for a more stable interior temp, top to bottom, would vastly improve feedback and marketability.
2. Related to point 1 is a problem I had going into lock-down. The holes in the shelves are too big to leave uncovered. The chicks will fall through, especially my banties. So I covered them, first in wash clothes, which rocketed the temp up to 105 at the top and pushed the bottom home-made tray down to 95 very quickly. So I swapped the rags out for cardboard with holes cut in for air flow, but it barely changed the issue. I don't know if the air flow was restricted more because of the surface area, or because I blocked the 1" gap between the shelved and the door, but I moved the eggs into my LG for hatch after fussing for over an hour. There are definitely some hurtles with the 1" gap between the door, large shelf holes, and overall temp inequality.
3. I mentioned before that making a 'maximum shelf' model with more shelves and more brackets would increase the appeal of the unit exponentially (for those of us who hoard eggs!).
4. Usually in incubators the water source is by the heat, but the water being on the bottom and the heat being on the top makes for less efficient evaporation. However, I usually dry incubate and have not needed to fill trays during incubation.

I'm going to experiment with the 'mute' fan mode option. I'm wondering if having mute mode 'off' is causing more of a temp gap with the fan working harder on the bottom.

I use the shelf liner with small holes to line shelves for lock down.You can rotate eggs from shelf to shelf every 3-4 to off set different shelf temps.My built in temp. differs about 1-1.5 degrees from my internal thermometers I use.Over all it is a great bator just takes a little tweeking.It holds temps and humidity real well.Happy hatching

I use the shelf liner with small holes to line shelves for lock down.You can rotate eggs from shelf to shelf every 3-4 to off set different shelf temps.My built in temp. differs about 1-1.5 degrees from my internal thermometers I use.Over all it is a great bator just takes a little tweeking.It holds temps and humidity real well.Happy hatching

Is that like the no-slip rug backing? I'm trying to envision. I hadn't thought of something like that. The only other thing I could think of using was hardware cloth but with rigis sharp metal bits I really don't want to tear up the incubator. Which I would :p

My themometer read 1-1.5 less than the digital readout on this at first. I started it at 99, tried 100, and tried 101 to get the temps right. But now the readout is usually saying 99/100 (rarely 101) and my thermometer confirms 101. So I don't know. I expect the unit's thermometer is built in near the door, it's very sensitive. I'm not sure why the digital readout fluctuates every few seconds, but the temps are stable, so good'nuff for me!

Last edited:
Yes,the non slip rug backing will work fine as the holes allow air to flow but will give chicks good footing.Also you will need to put some thing in front of the shelves so chicks dont fall thru the space between the shelves and door.Duct tape can be used and card board can be taped to bottom of shelf to provide a stop.But if you dont put up something chicks will fall to bottom.Other than opening door 4-5 times a day to allow air exchange you should be good to go.My hatch rate goes up with every hatch I have.I dont candle eggs like I should and last hatch I had 3 clear eggs abd 2 not well developed chicks.I will take 27 out pf 32 any day.There are a lot of helpful tips on this sire and super great helpful people.Happy hatching

Reptipro I ordered my system week ago no email on shipping any idea on the reason for delay? Thanks

Hi! I am so sorry this didn't make it to you! It is showing it was delivered on April 1. My system shows that the tracking email was sent, so I apologize that you didn't get that. We will get this all resolved, I have sent everything over in a PM.
Thanks!
ReptiPro

A little more feedback on the model 6000:

I've loved the last 18 days of not having to fuss with the temp! However, this is what I've noticed thus far and what I'm experiencing going into lockdown:
1. I have the unit set to 101 but it spends about 80% of its time at 99 on the digital readout. It's like it struggles to keep 101 on the readout. Regardless of the fluctuations on the digital readout, it seems to keep a consistent 101 inside. The second shelf is .5-1 degree lower than the top, and my home-made third shelf, about 3" off the bottom, is another .5-1 degree cooler. I think altering the design for a more stable interior temp, top to bottom, would vastly improve feedback and marketability.
2. Related to point 1 is a problem I had going into lock-down. The holes in the shelves are too big to leave uncovered. The chicks will fall through, especially my banties. So I covered them, first in wash clothes, which rocketed the temp up to 105 at the top and pushed the bottom home-made tray down to 95 very quickly. So I swapped the rags out for cardboard with holes cut in for air flow, but it barely changed the issue. I don't know if the air flow was restricted more because of the surface area, or because I blocked the 1" gap between the shelved and the door, but I moved the eggs into my LG for hatch after fussing for over an hour. There are definitely some hurtles with the 1" gap between the door, large shelf holes, and overall temp inequality.
3. I mentioned before that making a 'maximum shelf' model with more shelves and more brackets would increase the appeal of the unit exponentially (for those of us who hoard eggs!).
4. Usually in incubators the water source is by the heat, but the water being on the bottom and the heat being on the top makes for less efficient evaporation. However, I usually dry incubate and have not needed to fill trays during incubation.

I'm going to experiment with the 'mute' fan mode option. I'm wondering if having mute mode 'off' is causing more of a temp gap with the fan working harder on the bottom.

Thank you so much for the feedback, Handyman! These are some great insights and suggestions, and we will certainly take them into consideration. The shelf liner that you talk about in your other post is exactly what I recommend to customers as well. Helps with holding everything in place, is grippy, and has minimal impact on the temp distribution.

In regards to the humidity, I typically use a cup of water during hatching so that I can move it around to get the humidity just right. It really seems to work well that way, plus it is much easier to refill.

In regards to the temp readouts you are getting, the sensor is located near the fan in the back of the unit, and is MUCH more sensitive to even the slightest temp changes, unlike most thermometers. That would explain why you are seeing some dancing on your display, but are getting a very consistent air temp. While it is measuring the slightest fluctuation, the actually ambient incubator temperature will be much more constant.

I hope you all are enjoying your incubators, please feel free to reach out to me if I can provide any assistance!
Thanks,
ReptiPro

Back
Top Bottom