Republican Debate?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by E.M. Silkies, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.M. Silkies

E.M. Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Georgia
    I may be settig this thread up for being shut down but......

How about the republican debate tonight? Thoughts on the candidates and their responses throughout the night?

Let's try to keep this thread....unheated.

2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    What channel?

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I missed it. I am happy about that, though I really need to buckle down and start delving into what they are REALLY about. I know I do not care for the current administration though. I am really tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. Someone who stands for this country and our citizens needs to come out of the woodwork.

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I really have no knowledge of the current candidates but am liking Gov. Perry. I would really like to see the Govenor of New Jersey step in but his name evades me at the moment.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  5. blueggsandspam

blueggsandspam Out Of The Brooder

Sep 15, 2011
    Almost Heaven
    Quote:Amen!

6. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner True BYC Addict

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Yeah, I remember the last time I actually voted for someone instead of the lesser of two evils. That was about 25 years ago. My candidate lost. That was for Senator, not President.

I don't pay much attention to the debates at this stage, though I'll start watching once the field is narrowed down. The ones with a chance to get the nomination are just pandering to the radical fringes of their party to get the nomination now. Since we already know the Democratic candidate, this election cycle that means the Republicans, but it works for both parties when there is a choice. I'm not just picking on the Republicans.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  7. MammaBear

MammaBear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    SW PA
    Quote:[​IMG] 2X

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:Chris Christie! Please, take him. We will be glad to let him go.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  9. SarahBeth9394

SarahBeth9394 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    I would really like to see more questions for Newt Gingrich, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachman and Rick Santorum. I like Perry. I don't care for Romney. But they are getting the bulk of the questions and some of their back and forth wastes time that could be spent hearing from other candidates.

10. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I didn't hink they'd be able to top the "Let him die!" of the last one, but now a gay soldier in Iraq gets booed?!! I thought they screened the audience? How are they supposed to have a meaningful debate about anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by