Rescue Chicken

Pics
Just found some pictures the person who found her sent to me.View attachment 2312546
View attachment 2312539View attachment 2312545
Saddle feathers look like rooster saddle feathers. Thoughts on sex?
Apparently there are Araucana bantams, but they still have muffs (just did a google search is all)
He’s a bantam Araucana. They don’t always have ear tufts, since the gene can be lethal (in the egg) if tufted birds are bred together. Good job rescuing him.
For mites/lice, I found that ivermectin is pretty good at getting rid of them, but if you already have something you should probably use that.

He’s a bantam Araucana. They don’t always have ear tufts, since the gene can be lethal (in the egg) if tufted birds are bred together. Good job rescuing him.
For mites/lice, I found that ivermectin is pretty good at getting rid of them, but if you already have something you should probably use that.
Found a home for him, brought him over yesterday evening!!! Although I’m pretty sure I got rid of the lice while I had him. I searched for about 15 minutes and found nothing. I’d treated him with Flys-X three consecutive days, and on the last day I gave him a bath, and a ton of lice were removed that way. His new family is very loving, and the kids immediately began dressing him up as Captain America 😆 They decided to immediately introduce him to their hens, and the most dominant hen (a large breed hen) walked up and round house kicked him about 5 feet away when he tried to challenge her 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 She showed him who’s boss!!! Anyway, I think he’s going to be so loved and spoiled in his new home 😊 Very happy for him

Found a home for him, brought him over yesterday evening!!! Although I’m pretty sure I got rid of the lice while I had him. I searched for about 15 minutes and found nothing. I’d treated him with Flys-X three consecutive days, and on the last day I gave him a bath, and a ton of lice were removed that way. His new family is very loving, and the kids immediately began dressing him up as Captain America 😆 They decided to immediately introduce him to their hens, and the most dominant hen (a large breed hen) walked up and round house kicked him about 5 feet away when he tried to challenge her 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 She showed him who’s boss!!! Anyway, I think he’s going to be so loved and spoiled in his new home 😊 Very happy for him
Hooray for a happy home! Great job taking care of him and rehoming him.

Back
Top Bottom