Rescue Duck. Please don’t chastise me.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by HeatherMo, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Raenh

Raenh Free Ranging

Jul 29, 2017
    Tomball, Texas
    I completely understand why you'd feel that way... that's how everyone was treating me when I was trying to rescue the ducklings from the storm drain in May... I was in tears, and the only help I got was from everyone on the forums, plus @Texag87 and his wife drove an hour and a half to come help me.
    There is a Peking that lives at the holding pond with his muscovy mate by my moms work... hes been there for years, but he's in town and theres this guy that comes once or twice a week with two huge bags of cracked corn to feed them... the muscovy flock rotates, sometimes it's the wild black ones, or one of the two black/white flocks... but they all accept him and his mate has never left when the others do.

Jpat, onaharley and HeatherMo like this.
  2. HeatherMo

HeatherMo Songster

Jun 16, 2019
    I should go when the weather is horrible, cold and raining
    What an incredible story of dedication. I always thought dogs were so emotionally intelligent and discounted many other species.
    Ducks each have their own personalities and are more like us than I ever knew. They have their likes and dislikes, their favorite “people” and they grieve like the rest of us.

onaharley, Miss Lydia and Raenh like this.
  3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler!

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Or maybe at night?

HeatherMo, onaharley and Miss Lydia like this.
  4. Duck mommy 2019

Duck mommy 2019 Songster

Apr 1, 2019
    can u get some people to stop feeding him?

onaharley likes this.
  5. HeatherMo

HeatherMo Songster

Jun 16, 2019
    No. There’s a big sign asking people not to feed them but every time I drive by there are young kids with a loaf of bread .

Raenh likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: