1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rescue Mallard ~ Duckota & Kittens

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MallardMama, Aug 12, 2014.

1. MallardMama

MallardMama Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

I just had to share this. My rescue mallard was quite lonely, and I know they're social birds. Considering I have no other birds, I wondered if maybe...just maybe, could he learn to live with cats? Perhaps gain a fur buddy :) it's worth a shot. Better than him being alone constantly. I'll be sure to update. Would be wonderful to see him coexist peacefully with cats; despite being 'natural enemies' and what not. He's very content having them visit his brooder. Takes to napping directly on the kittens; best nest ever. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. MallardMama

Aug 11, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. Eluria

Eluria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2014
    Oh, my goodness, I might fall out of my chair from all the cuteness in those photos. Please, PLEASE take a video, even a short one, so I can show my daughter. She will go bonkers.

We will be introducing our duckies to our kitten too, but there is going to be a lot of "No, Tuka!" involved I think as she is 4 months old and loves to play :/ So we will wait until our ducks are bigger than yours before they get to hang out.

4. MallardMama

Aug 11, 2014
    Oh, I would certainly post a video if I knew how. I'll figure it out Lol and this little guy waddled into my yard with his sibling (who passed, sadly. Got too cold one night. I've since added a proper heating lamp. Current guy is very warm and content, and has a warm fur nest now) he's gotta be at least 3 weeks old, give or take. The kittens are a few weeks, due to be trying soft food soon. Litter training will be fun. Since they're still so small, and don't have the urge to eat the little guy, I figured I'd try them out, see how interaction goes. So far, so good. It's great! Cuteness overload. I've been standing here staring for ages, taking pics and videos. :') I'm in love.

[​IMG]

5. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    You could put it on youtube and then copy and paste the URL here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by