Rescue Scovy boy or girl?

CPW Chicks

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 26, 2010
Beaumont, PA
We adopted this scovy a few weeks ago, it is about 5 1/2-6 weeks old. In case you are wondering about his leg when he was rescued he had a broken leg, just got the cast off last week. Still doing rehab to get him to use it. Boy or Girl?

49818_0718000859.jpg

49818_0718000858.jpg

Last edited:
She can't stand up and walk like a regular duck but she can get herself around by pushing herself and jumping. She has started to use her leg more since the cast came off. The foot may be a deformity but she is still able to get around. She is quiet a happy duck and was brought to me so that we can give her the best possible life. She loves going outside and swimming.

Quote:
CPW Chicks,

I do not know enough to guess the gender of the duck.
I just want to thank you for making it a happy duck and it was brought to you to give it the best possible life.
Thank you for that, and taking it outside and swimming.

wee.gif

Beth

Last edited:
Looks like a girl to me. The foot is large, but the leg doesn't look large enough to be a male Muscovy at 5 1/2 weeks.

Her quills have started to come in and when she quacks it is like a baby bird chirping sound. I have heard these also indicate it is a girl, not sure if that is true or not.

Back
Top Bottom