Rescued a frizzle cochin with really bad feet! (PICS)

Poor little frizzle!
sad.png
she is lucky you came to her rescue!! What does she look like now??

Thanks guys, she looks even better then the updated photos last posted. I am waiting for hubby to get home and hold her up so I can take new pics.

You are such a godsend for those chickens.....I am so glad there are people out there willing to do whatever it takes to make an animal happy once again.

Her legs look a million times better!!

bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Wow!! When I saw the first pics I too thought there was no hope. I thought she'd have to be put down. This is amazing! Way to go! Can't wait to see new pics.
big_smile.png

celebrate.gif
Rachel. You rock, girl
celebrate.gif
I am truly inspired by your tenacity to take on this project. There are less than a handful that would even consider it.
thumbsup.gif

Your friend, Woody

You are a awesome person for rescuing Prissy and trying with the others. Even though the others had to be culled they were loved before they died. When I seen the first pics of her legs it broke my heart. Then with the resp. issuses I was thinking she was going to have to be culled. But I seen the other pics and read all the updates and I am glad she is healthier now and in a way better place.

Awwww thanks woody, I am honored to be able to help her
big_smile.png

Thanks for all the support, prissy really appreciates all her new fans
celebrate.gif

As promised new pics of my little miracle girl.

She is enjoying sitting on the big comfy couch watching tv with us every night
10663_img_7320.jpg

10663_img_7321.jpg

10663_img_7322.jpg

10663_img_7328.jpg

As you can see the bottom of her feet look excellent but we still have some work to do on the top of her feet. Tomorrow I will be doing some bumblefoot surgery on the tops of her feet where you see those bubbles, I see no black scab on the bottom so I will be going for the top instead. My guess is there will be some infection in there that needs to come out. Then I will bandage up both feet again changing bandages everyday for at least a week, once that is over I will post more pics of her progress. My goal is to get her thru this without having to loose any toes. She is well on her way to making a full recovery I am sooo proud of her and her will to live is just amazing to me.

Back
Top Bottom