rescued a potbelly pig now i think she is pregnant HELP!!

peacockspaints

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 24, 2014
Golden Valley Az
Hi all here is my story I rescued a potbelly pig off the side of the road about 3 weeks ago I know nothing about pigs and now I think she is pregnant. I have looked for info on line but am not geting far I live in Az we are already having days up to the 90s but night down in the 40 (that wont last long) days will soon be in the 100s I want my new piggy to be happy so I need help (she is about the size of a cocker spaniel and was very skinny)

Personally I would have a vet come out and check on her, especially because you just picked her up on the side of the road. He would be able to help you out and let you know if she is or isn't pregnant. However, if you can't get a vet out to check on her do you know anyone that knows anything about pigs? Maybe they could be of help.

For now, just make sure she is getting a nice, healthy diet, plenty of water, and plenty of rest. You want to make sure she is in top shape, especially if there is a chance of any babies. Do you think you could post any picture of her anytime soon? Pictures could be helpful.

I will try to post pic to night I have called all the vet in the area no one dose pot bellys The only vet I found is over 4 hours away did not think that would be a good trip
The reason I think she is pregnant her yummy has grown quit a lot in the last week and when she lays down for a yummy rub u can see and fell movement I am new to this site so may take me some time to get the pics posted

You don't have any farm vets near you? Farm vets will normally make house calls so you wouldn't have to travel anywhere. They may also not be very well advertised as small animal vets. My vet for example kind of keeps himself on the down low. I wouldn't of even known about him if it wasn't for my friend giving me his number. I'm glad I met him though because he ended up being 10 times better than my other vet! What I'm getting as is maybe you could call around again and ask if they knew anyone they could refer you too? Maybe at least refer you to someone who could give you some more advice about what to do with her. The major reason why I'm "pushing" the vet is that you really want to make sure mama is in good health and her babies will be in good health. I would hate for you to end up with a sick mama pig and a bunch of sick babies. But if you can't find anyone, just like I said before, make sure she is eating a well-balanced diet.

I will be back when you post pictures and see if I can be of any help!

-

I know that she dose not look that big in the pic but when I rescued her she had NO tummy
she is still thin in the back and hips is slowly gaining there but her tummy is getting bigger by the day

Back
Top Bottom