Rescued Canadian Goose Egg

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Emio12345, May 16, 2017.

1. bring to a rescue center

100.0%
  2. Continue to raise the egg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Emio12345

Emio12345 New Egg

May 16, 2017
    Last week I was golfing and stumbled across a goose egg in the water, I quickly pulled it out and ran it home, i'm guessing the water was about 10 degrees C or colder. At the time I did not have an incubator to keep it warm only a small pillow sized heater. The egg was with the heater for about a day and a half with a constant changing temperature. I built it an incubator after I candled it and realized it was alive. I have had it for 5 days and it appears to be doing well, It is very developed and I suspect it will hatch over the weekend. I have been keeping the incubator at about 37.4 c I have been sprinkling the egg with water and leaving a small bowl and wet cloth in the incubator to keep it moist.

Any advice?
    this is my first time raising an egg

Oh and I am aware it is illegal to keep a wild goose and have been looking for a place that may be able to take it in.

UPDATE
    The goose started peeping inside the egg last night it's been about 9 hrs since he started and I think he is trying to make the external pip

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. Finnie

Finnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    If you put your location in your profile, someone from your area might be able to provide you with the number of a local wildlife rehabilitator. I only have the number for the one in my area.

Chaos18 and Sally Sunshine like this.
  3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    agree with finnie, local game commissioners

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by