Rescued Dumped Rooster! šŸ“

thank you all for the kind words!
my momā€™s friend has caught the other two. she isnā€™t sure of their breed- iā€™m thinking lavender orpington, and the bantam, iā€™m not sure of.
she may be keeping them, even if theyā€™re illegal here. we phoned a rooster rescue based elsewhere thatā€™s willing to take Oscar in, which is great- iā€™m just really gonna miss the little guy šŸ˜…
i have to say iā€™ve gotten attached to him! but heā€™ll have a great home at the rescue, where he can live.. legally lol.
hereā€™s the other two, which are essentially a bonded pair.
DC790EF5-30EC-4C7F-B49A-E891C7444904.jpeg

thank you all for the kind words!
my momā€™s friend has caught the other two. she isnā€™t sure of their breed- iā€™m thinking lavender orpington, and the bantam, iā€™m not sure of.
she may be keeping them, even if theyā€™re illegal here. we phoned a rooster rescue based elsewhere thatā€™s willing to take Oscar in, which is great- iā€™m just really gonna miss the little guy šŸ˜…
i have to say iā€™ve gotten attached to him! but heā€™ll have a great home at the rescue, where he can live.. legally lol.
hereā€™s the other two, which are essentially a bonded pair.View attachment 2366857
Oh I am so glad someone was able to catch these 2 as well! So pretty! šŸ’– I hope these two can stay together if they are bonded together. šŸ’•

hi all,
i was informed of 3 loose roosters dumped at my local park. very upsetting, yes, but nothing i canā€™t fix. anyway, i drove down to the park and met up with a friend of my momā€™s that was also looking for the boys. i brought my girl biscuit with me so heā€™d feel safer with us there. we were looking high and low and i spotted him under an oleander bush. he was a very young (maybe 6 months) golden laced polish rooster, and he was definitely afraid of us. it took lots of enticing, my calves (i was squatting the whole time... ouch) and an hour to get him close enough for me to grab. biscuit was eating some grain and he walked up to her to eat with her, and she blocked his view of me, so i pounced on him. i got them both swaddled up and into my car, and now heā€™s in a run separate from my girls. heā€™s very skittish, i would expect that out of a polish that was dumped. my momā€™s friend caught another one, but there one chicken left that we have to find thatā€™s described as a small, tan feather legged rooster (could be a buff bantam cochin, not sure til i see it). anyhow the polishā€™s name is Oscar, and heā€™s staying here for just a little bit with some food, water, sunshine, shade, and grass. roosters may not be allowed here but plenty of people have them no problem, itā€™s just that my mom doesnā€™t want him.
weā€™re going to try and find him a home and until then, heā€™s just going to chill with us. heā€™s not very tame but you have to give him credit, he was alone (the other two stayed together) for half a week, and we got lotsa predators over here.
thank you for reading!View attachment 2366689View attachment 2366688View attachment 2366690
I canā€™t believe how gorgeous he is! His coloring is awesome, and with those adorable head feathers!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom