Rescued...from McDonalds!

from my understanding easter eggers are a varied mix of all sorts of breeds, ie a mutt and as such can have all sorts of different apearances, tufts on cheeks, tails , no tails, different colours and egg colours vary just as much hence the name from what I understand.
Wonder who lost it.

My wife works at the local animal shelter. Yesterday, animal control brought in this girl. She was caught at the drive thru of the local McDonalds! Not sure how she got there, but there is actually video photo footage of her being caught. She is now being introduced to our established flock. We have named her Mickey. She appears to be an Ameraucana. Anyone confirm that?

View attachment 2528225
Lucky girls day! She is sweet!

Not fully. She is a cage in our large coop. We’ll leave her in there for a day or two and then let her out.
I would have suggested at least a 14 day quarantine to avoid her sharing anything with your flock.

Next time try to remember that you have no idea what she may have picked up prior to coming to live with you.

Most of the time you will be fine, but it's that one time you need to worry about.

I hope she lays beautiful blue eggs for you when the time comes. They are wonderful hens.

My wife works at the local animal shelter. Yesterday, animal control brought in this girl. She was caught at the drive thru of the local McDonalds! Not sure how she got there, but there is actually video photo footage of her being caught. She is now being introduced to our established flock. We have named her Mickey. She appears to be an Ameraucana. Anyone confirm that?

View attachment 2528225
She looks like an Easter egger. It sounds like she was abandoned. I’m glad you rescued her!

Back
Top Bottom