Rescued Hen; Questions.....

Give her feet/toes and legs a light massage with Vaseline. When massaging, ALWAYS massage upward toward the heart.
This goes for humans too.
Aways rub firmer going toward the heart. The Vaseline will soften the leg scales and kill any lil bug shes hiding under the scales. Plus...shell love it and love you too!!
Ok! I'll do this! Thanks so much!

Ok. I was wondering if she just had thick legs, but comparing her to my other birds, they look big.

Ok. I have a hen with crop issues, and she doesn't smell like that.

Hm. Maybe? But what you're saying, that must be it. My Mom had noticed it when she was riding, so that must be it.

Ok! That's good! Thanks for your help!
Your welcome! Hopefully no more problem arise!

I'm pretty sure that she's an Isa Brown. I could be wrong, but those are very common around here. :)
Thats good that you know because, I have no clue except she looks like my Sex Link. Lol That's all I know. Lol
I'm the first to admit I don't know much about breeds. Some of the BYC are Experts and know and can explain how the genetic work to get a specific breed.
I'm always learning something new. But, when problem or injury issues arise I'm pretty good at those.
I have to admit that my Veterinarian Poultry book has taught me a lot plus I must give kudos to and include the Experts on BYC.

She is a red sex link of some variety, and there is nothing wrong with her legs and feet. Good luck with her - she'll reward you with lots of eggs.
Yes, I'm assuming Isa Brown. She's already rewarding me with lots of eggs. She was brought home yesterday, and she laid an egg yesterday and today. :D
I had a list of questions, and I was wondering if you had any answers for any of them. :)

I agree with Sourland. She seems okay. Maybe she was just in a dirty coop and that's why she smelled bad.
That's what I think. I think from wherever she had escaped from, I think that she was in a crowded coop that had never been cleaned before. That's got me concerned about Salmonella. I know nothing about that, and whenever I've heard of it, it's been because of bad living conditions. Do you know if there's anything I should do just in case she has it or something?

Back
Top Bottom