"rescued' yet another one... (graphic pictures)

Fishnet:

hugs.gif

hit.gif

I'm just so sorry about the loss of your Hope... Hard to say what went wrong. If there was something that wasn't quite right internally, and inevitably this was going to be the end-- anyways... You are to be commended for making her last months so heavenly and filled with love and she leaves us knowing there is good in the world for her and those like her. She left strutting her stuff in those new feathers. Bless her and she will be so missed.... by 'Bird and the other fluffy butt girls no doubt.

What a treasure and gift she was to us all and especially to you when you needed her most. I think I'll always remember this story about "Hope".

hugs.gif

BTC
Amy

Just stumbled across this thread this am and read it all. It was so wonderful to watch her thrive in the loving care you gave her and as everyone else has said, she had the best 9 months because of you and your love and care for her. I am crying now for your loss and my heart goes out to you but I am glad that I read this inspirational story and as said above, I will always remember the story of Hope, especially when I cuddle with my RIRs, Coco and Angel......thank you for sharing

I'm alright... just really really heartbroken and just wondering what it was that took her. 48 hours from start to finish. 2 days from the moment I noticed something wasn't right. I buried her, said a prayer and proceeded to clean the crud out of the coop, waterers, etc. IT just really sucks. 9 months of working SOOOO hard her and I. 9MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for something to just take her away from me with a snap of your fingers. the poor baby. She had no clue what was going on. and I had no clue what to do. I feel like I let her down even though I know I didn't.

Just wish I knew......

Dee Waters
9 months you gave her another chance that the other farmer wouldn't have. She might have lost her life the first week back then if it wasn't for you coming in to rescue her. All that hard work wasn't for naught, at least, I think Hope would say that.

thank you crazy. I know I will see her again. someday.

I am afraid I have a second hen sick now. Noticed she was a little 'down' last night when I went to put them to bed. This morning she was standing kind of funny and looking not so good. I hope I do not come home from work today to find what I did with Hope. Oh please God no.

I'm wondering if its the moldy feed you found and Hope wasn't the only one to get into it. If you think that's it maybe some kind of toxic flush would help like molasses water? So sorry, hope and pray she's fine after work.

i got rid of the feed when Hope died on Friday. Would it take until today to show up in another hen? 4 days after she would have gotten into it?

I am leaning more to the side of something that they could have gotten into free ranging on different times (antifreeze, spilled oil, dead carcas), or disease. If Angel (the newly sick one) does the same thing, I got a problem on my hands and need to get some testing done ASAP.

i got rid of the feed when Hope died on Friday. Would it take until today to show up in another hen? 4 days after she would have gotten into it?

I am leaning more to the side of something that they could have gotten into free ranging on different times (antifreeze, spilled oil, dead carcas), or disease. If Angel (the newly sick one) does the same thing, I got a problem on my hands and need to get some testing done ASAP.
Yes, if Hope had Mareks, then it could've spread throughout the flock. I would get them checked.

Back
Top Bottom