Resolution - New Diet & Exercise

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Ok everyone, I am going to restart my diet and exercise regimen. This mornings weigh in is 223.6 [​IMG] I plan on doing 30 minutes on the treadmill later on, and starting today switching to whole wheat breads, and trying to stay around 1200 calories a day. Easy goal of 2lbs a week. I'll see if I can't jump start that by eating raw off and on to flush my system out.

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    so do you want us to bug you and nag you and make your life miserable? or send encouraging notes and and all of that stuff? do you work better under pressure or forgiveness?

1200 calories isn't enough. you will get light headed and spiny.
    Fruit and nuts and peanut butter and eggs. High calories, good food.

Treadmill and toe touches are great, but picking up socks and running up the stairs to deposit them into your kids' rooms is like free exercise.
    Write down what you eat, and what exercise you don't do, and when you smoke. Having to keep a journal is a drag, so you won't want to have to write it down, you won't absent mindedly put it in your mouth.

Put money in a jar and pretend you are paying a gym. Then when you lose the weight, use that money for some new clothes.

GO! GO! GO! RAH-RAH- RAH! sis-boom-ba- and all that stuff.

and even if you mess up one day you start back the next. a healthy life style isn't an all or nothing thing.
    Find a good hypnotist for the smoking. I know friends who did and have had excellent results, and gained not a pound.
    Good for you! Yeah you. great job.You started, and sometimes, that's the hardest part.
    (is that what you wanted? I'm good at that sort of thing.)

3. JP33

JP33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Southeast, Louisiana
    Something so easy & useful & guarenteed to drop some weight without even getting on the treadmill. Drink water with lemon & fruit juices sparingly. 86 all soft drinks. Use honey or sweet n low not nutra sweet to sweeten your coffee.

The point is, stay away from B.S. foods that have empty/useless calories that spike the blood sugar (which makes you eat more food) white bread/white sugar/white rice.

Of course, eating less makes a huge difference in itself.

...JP

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    1200 is not enough.. you will put your body into starvation mode and could actually not loose a pound and be as miserable as an old troll

start by cutting out the excess
    soda
    chips

Wasteful carbs:
    White things, white bread, white rice, sugar, ect...
    Whole wheat bread is good but whole grain is better

hidden fats are crazy... processed foods are a bad source of hidden fats.

pulses or stuff like beans and chick peas are a great simple nutrition
    here is come information
    http://www.pulsecanada.com/what-are-pulses

If
    you have a Ipod touch or an Iphone, Itunes has a few really great aps that can be great for tracking calorie consumption and calories burned and they are in the free aps section (pm me and i can try to send you the link)

5. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    actually I have to go beyond what is normally healthy weight loss for some [​IMG] I had a thread going about this a few months back, and now I am going to restart my regimen. Actually 1200 calories is about 1/4 of what I used to live off of while I was working out daily and working a very physical job. Even though I can carry 200lbs around comfortably, I am shooting for somewhere between 140 and 160. So I have between 60 + or - to go!

6. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
  7. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]
    do what works for you then... but remember to stay healthy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by