Respect vs disrespect

I had that happen when I was selling my teacup poodle. This one lady called me several times and set up times to come see the dog. Well after the 4 time of a no show I told her I wouldn't sell her the dog since she had kids. The dog didn't like kids and it wouldn't work out. I didn't want this lady to have the dog anyway. I mean if you tell me you want the dog and then just keep missing the appointment to come see it tells me something about you as a person.
Something was telling me that the right person was out there if I just waited a little longer. Then a older lady had called a couple times asking questions about the dog. She told me hers had died a few months earlier from old age and she missed it dearly. She said she didn't think her husband would let her buy it since the price was a little high.
So the lady calls back a few days later and they come to look at her. I was out of town working and my mom calls me. She said the old lady was in love with her and the dog was in love with the lady at first site. The old man comes up to my mom out of ear shot of his wife. He ask my mom was there anyway I would take a little less for the dog. He said it was all his wife had talked about for a whole week.
He told my mom how much he had on him and my mom said you know what? My daughter told me if you came and offered a lower price to let your wife have the dog. My mom said he about cried he said his wife had been so sad after losing the other dog this one was all she talked about. The lady was talking to Casey like a little baby and said they were going shopping to get her some food and a new collar. I know those two were made for each other and it was worth the wait knowing she went to a great home.

JVLS1942 said:
ILLITERATE ! WHO YOU CALLING iLLITERATE ?? I am not.. My parents were married...

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Well just another perspective here....

Selling chickens, or hatching eggs or geese or your used bicycle is as much a business as anything. As rude as it was for them not to show up, I would challk it up to someone who might have had something happen, or have had second thoughts and not had the sense to contact you. Don't take it personally. But also don't lash out at them. The world is small, and they might have come calling later or told their friends about you. Sending an angry email might have felt good for the moment, but won't benefit you in the long run, IMHO. Now they might bad mouth you, and that is just never good for business, even if they were in the wrong.

I hope you have better luck with the next person. I do schedule my sales when it is convenient for me and if they don't show up, well it just is not a big deal. Folks do change their minds some times....

hugs.gif

Quote:
It is a different perspective, but at the same time I think people have to be informed when they have done something inappropriate. How will they learn if everyone sits back and takes it in the chin? My email was not unkind, just direct and to the point. I informed them that they inconvenienced me and that I had prepared for the visit that they requested. If they don't like being called out on their own actions and makes them think twice before doing it to someone else then my email was successful.

It would be different if I ran a business and kept business hours, but I don't and to a certain degree I expect if someone requests a chunk of time out of my day that they honour their own word. I know that doesn't actually happen a lot of the time and I don't take it personally per say, but it does make me shake my head and wonder about people.

In all honesty my own actions will speak for themselves. The people who do business with me know I keep my word and if someone starts bad mouthing me it's more of a reflection of their character than mine.

UC

I wont meet anyone anymore unless they first send me a check for gas money,or I am going anyway and it is absolutley not out of my way..even a couple blocks..people just dont care at all..and it really ticks me off..and if I tell them a certain time to be at my home,they better be there on time or call or I just might leave.

Quote:
Yeah, the only problem is I don't want anyone wandering around my place if I'm not home. That's why I stick around just in case they show up. We had some small stock stolen from my grandparents place years ago when they weren't home. Some people came up to buy some guinea pigs that we had for sale and we didn't sell them the ones they wanted. We kept our guinea pigs outside in the summer. The infuriating part was we drove by my grandparents place a day or so later and saw a strange car there. When we went up the next day a bunch of our most colorful pigs were gone
sad.png

Urban Coyote

Back
Top Bottom