Respiratory baby chick

Jun 8, 2018
Central Texas
so I have a question my baby silkie chick had a respiratory issue back on nov 9 I gave her tylan 50 orally for 7 days she is breathing better then she was but not completely normal the 15 th was her last dose she still sneezing and watery eyes runny nose no bad odor she’s eating drinking pooping normal should I start her on tylan 50 again? Or just let it run it’s course any advice would be appreciated

How much Tylan and how often were you giving her? A virus such as infectious bronchitis will not respond to antibiotics. MG (mycoplasma) can look like bronchitis, or it can cause a swollen eye and eye bubbles or foam, and may help treat MG. MG is a chronic infection, and can come back again. Tylan 50 injectable can be given orally 0.25 ml per pound 3 times a day for 5 days. If you weren’t giving enough of the medication, you could give another round. But if she is eating and drinking normally, and just sneezing, she may have infectious bronchitis which has to run it’s course over about a month.

so I have a question my baby silkie chick had a respiratory issue back on nov 9 I gave her tylan 50 orally for 7 days she is breathing better then she was but not completely normal the 15 th was her last dose she still sneezing and watery eyes runny nose no bad odor she’s eating drinking pooping normal should I start her on tylan 50 again? Or just let it run it’s course any advice would be appreciated
How much Tylan and how often were you giving her? A virus such as infectious bronchitis will not respond to antibiotics. MG (mycoplasma) can look like bronchitis, or it can cause a swollen eye and eye bubbles or foam, and may help treat MG. MG is a chronic infection, and can come back again. Tylan 50 injectable can be given orally 0.25 ml per pound 3 times a day for 5 days. If you weren’t giving enough of the medication, you could give another round. But if she is eating and drinking normally, and just sneezing, she may have infectious bronchitis which has to run it’s course over about a month.
i was giving her .25 twice a day for 7 days she could hardly breath when I gave it to her she still has raspy breathing but nothing like it was and she eats and drinks for sure with no problem at all but she dose have the the eye issue I’ve been cleaning them daily I don’t want to medicate her if it’s not going to help

4E02B447-1F85-4478-9E3C-073D3798D91A.jpeg
i was giving her .25 twice a day for 7 days she could hardly breath when I gave it to her she still has raspy breathing but nothing like it was and she eats and drinks for sure with no problem at all but she dose have the the eye issue I’ve been cleaning them daily I don’t want to medicate her if it’s not going to help
The girl is always ready to eat no problem there here she is at the food dish so if it’s infectious bronchitis which she still have a breathing problem ?

Back
Top Bottom