Respiratory help.. PLEASE!!!

RainValleyFarm

Songster
Mar 4, 2021
Lexington Kentucky
PLEASE READ WHOLE LONG POST

Okay guys. I have posted on how many different groups over the past few weeks and really have no answers here. My birds have a wheeze in their nose. It sounds exactly like a being a little stuffy and breathing in and out of your nose. There's no discharge or any other symptoms really. My rooster was gasping two weeks ago so I took him to the vet. The vet prescribed albon 12.5% for a week. There was no real improvement so he wanted to do a second week on it. Now at the end of week two there is still no improvement. He only gasps when he runs or gets stressed or hot. But both still have the nose wheeze.
I called the vet today to talk to him about it and he told me the only thing we really could do is euthanize them and doing a neurcropsy … Obviously that's an invalid answer and I'm extremely upset that that was his suggestion. I found another vet that can see them but not until next Wednesday. Still in the works trying to find someone who can see them sooner. But until then does anyone have any other suggestions for me?

I also found this possible parasite in the water ?

https://youtube.com/shorts/EXC0v4tKB9o?feature=share

Video of wheezing sound- You will have to turn the volume all the way up and listen closely

Attachments

• ACFA4B90-A6CE-4113-9576-C7778D528287.jpeg
    ACFA4B90-A6CE-4113-9576-C7778D528287.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 3
  • B44745F1-F5C7-4C87-B0A5-C6F811B4357F.jpeg
    B44745F1-F5C7-4C87-B0A5-C6F811B4357F.jpeg
    274.7 KB · Views: 2
  • B0117C73-DCD5-430B-8F55-51969AC1C4E6.jpeg
    B0117C73-DCD5-430B-8F55-51969AC1C4E6.jpeg
    717.3 KB · Views: 2
Albon can treat such diseases as coryza, coccidiosis, and fowl cholera. It doesn’t treat mycoplasma (MG) but tylosin powder for pigeons put in the water can help treat mycoplasma. But your chickens could have a virus or fungal infection, which do not respond to antibiotics. Testing is the best way to identify the respiratory disease. Zoologix, a national lab, can test for 8 different respiratory diseases. If you lose one, that is also a good way to find the answer, by getting a necropsy by the state vet. If the disease is caused by a virus, such as infection bronchitis, it can last about a month. If mold fungus from water spills could be the cause, it may get better if you improve the overhead coop ventilation. Look into the nostrils and the roof of the beak for any yellow material, canker, or plaques.

Albon can treat such diseases as coryza, coccidiosis, and fowl cholera. It doesn’t treat mycoplasma (MG) but tylosin powder for pigeons put in the water can help treat mycoplasma. But your chickens could have a virus or fungal infection, which do not respond to antibiotics. Testing is the best way to identify the respiratory disease. Zoologix, a national lab, can test for 8 different respiratory diseases. If you lose one, that is also a good way to find the answer, by getting a necropsy by the state vet. If the disease is caused by a virus, such as infection bronchitis, it can last about a month. If mold fungus from water spills could be the cause, it may get better if you improve the overhead coop ventilation. Look into the nostrils and the roof of the beak for any yellow material, canker, or plaques.

I was worried maybe it was a gapeworm so I looked inside My Roos mouth earlier and didn't see anything. If it is bronchitis is there anything I can treat with? Or do you just have to let that ride out?

I was worried maybe it was a gapeworm so I looked inside My Roos mouth earlier and didn't see anything. If it is bronchitis is there anything I can treat with? Or do you just have to let that ride out?
Though I just looked up bronchitis and it says it only affects chickens. But my duck also has the wheeze so it cannot be that

Back
Top Bottom