Respiratory sickness

micook27

Hatching
Apr 8, 2024
My whole flock of15 hens has a respiratory issue going on, I am giving Vetrx in water and misting them with it in warm water. I am also giving them duramycin injection. ACV in water and vitamins, probiotics. My questions are, 1. Should I disinfect coop now, can eggs be eaten again, they are still laying and I have 10 new chicks that need added in 6 weeks. I have read mixed answers on all of this, first time dealing with this

My laying hens, entire flock have some respiratory illness going on. I have been giving Vetrx, Duramycin and extra vitamins and probiotics. I will be disinfecting coop this weekend so it has time to dry all day. I rake and scoop run out every night. How long is egg withdrawal, also in 6 weeks I have more chickens to add. I already have 2 coops, my silkies are separated and cannot add additional. Not possible. Any other suggestions, how long is egg withdrawal?

My whole flock of15 hens has a respiratory issue going on, I am giving Vetrx in water and misting them with it in warm water. I am also giving them duramycin injection. ACV in water and vitamins, probiotics. My questions are, 1. Should I disinfect coop now, can eggs be eaten again, they are still laying and I have 10 new chicks that need added in 6 weeks. I have read mixed answers on all of this, first time dealing with this
I’m sorry nobody has answered your question yet! I will try tagging some people that might be able to point you the right direction. @azygous @Wyorp Rock

Respiratory illness such as Mycoplasma g., is carried in the flock and becomes symptomatic when the flock is under some sort of stress - seasonal changes, weather, etc. Often, it resolves without an antibiotic. When the symptoms become burdensome, treating the bacterial component with an antibiotic helps the chickens recover faster. Egg withdrawal is two week after the final dose.

Respiratory illness such as Mycoplasma g., is carried in the flock and becomes symptomatic when the flock is under some sort of stress - seasonal changes, weather, etc. Often, it resolves without an antibiotic. When the symptoms become burdensome, treating the bacterial component with an antibiotic helps the chickens recover faster. Egg withdrawal is two week after the final dose.
Thank you so much, we did have a change in weather, makes sense.

I thought that I posted yesterday on this, but it disappeared. What symptoms have you seen in any of your sick chickens. There are viruses, bacterial and fungal respiratory diseases. The symptoms can give a clue.
Basically it was overnight, I came out in morning and though I heard something like a cough from 1 hen, then I was cleaning coop/ run and heard several more making same noise and one a honking sound, only time I saw clear I guess mucus from a few was when I gave medicine and that was 1st day, nothing I noticed after. No draining or running eyes, acting normal, eating and drinking.

Back
Top Bottom