Restarted hatching

Hysteria

Chirping
Jun 12, 2023
Thank you all of your kindness!

I've restarted with four carefully checked eggs.
Early morning purchased seeded eggs at a chicken farm.
The eggs were laid today morning.
Indeed I have found hairline cracks on some ( checked on sunlight) replaced them until I have found four perfect ones; same middle size, a bit different color.
Incubator set for 38 Celsius.
Water in the tray, and I'm not moving them till Monday ( 3 days) .
After, daily 5-6 times.

If you picked them up yourself, personally i'd recommend turning them the first 3 days too. I know some people don't because it strengthens the chick. I'm not entirely sure i believe that. The only eggs I don't turn on day 1 are ones with detached aircells.

Which ever you decide to do hope all your babies hatch for you! :jumpy
Thank you!! I've took heed of your kind suggestion and began the turnings earlier, day 2.
I love moving the warm eggs, knowing that fragile life, already beating little hearts are enjoying the gentle moves.

If you picked them up yourself, personally i'd recommend turning them the first 3 days too. I know some people don't because it strengthens the chick. I'm not entirely sure i believe that. The only eggs I don't turn on day 1 are ones with detached aircells.

Which ever you decide to do hope all your babies hatch for you! :jumpy
This is good advice đź‘Ť

Is is possible to spray water on the eggs " to soften the eggshells "???
The new hatcher Manual description confuses me, I quote "
Stop turning eggs in the last three days before hatching. Disconnect the docking plug of the egg turning machine, pick out the eggs, put the net onto the roller incubator tray of the machine, and then lay eggs on the net before spraying water to soften the eggshell for the eggs. Then, wait for the chicks to hatch." End of quote
I don't get it..

Use of hatching net

Stop turning eggs in the last three days before hatching. Disconnect the docking plug of the egg turning machine, pick out the eggs, put the net onto the roller incubator tray of the machine, and then lay eggs on the net before spraying water to soften the eggshell for the eggs. Then, wait for the chicks to hatch." End of quote
I don't get it..

Use of hatching net

Attachments

• IMG_9238.jpeg
    IMG_9238.jpeg
    626 KB · Views: 2
This is the new incubator; I did transfer the eggs from the mini incubator on day 7 th. Candled the eggs on day 10; 1 dead 3 alive.
It will be great for lockdown days, I hope.

I don't get it..

Use of hatching net
That's not true, it can actually drown them

Back
Top Bottom