Retirement Venting

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
So my father just retired after 40 years, at his company, oh yes 40!
wee.gif
well his company (coca cola) did nothing for him. nothing.
rant.gif

so i have planned a little something at a restaunt with his 2 brothers and his mother. (my grama of course)
its just so upsetting that a company doesnt even care enough.
hit.gif

the company told him, this is a busy time for us right now, we will call you, to maybe throw a little party for you.
hu.gif

no phone call happened.
so a week ago, i called his boss (without my dad even knowing) and asked if they were planning a lil something. he called my father and told him they were.
nothing again.
hit.gif

my father has been very loyal. a good employee, never sick, always available. just sucks for him.
duc.gif

years earlier he divorced my mother (going on about 16 years now) and has never found his soul mate.

me, my husband and kids, mean the world to him.
love.gif

so i hope he has a good time tommorrow night. i picked up 4 large balloons, some gifts (redsox of course themed) (his fav team)

I just wish things ended differntly there for him.
hit.gif

today he was watching our kids, looked happy, yet so sad.
hit.gif

pray that he will find his soul mate soon! that special someone he can share good times with.

thanks for hearing me out.

andrea-
hit.gif

hugs.gif
to you and to him. Maybe they are planning something a bit later--perhaps some of his closer friends are unavailable and they want to wait until they are back? Maybe they have some sort of surprise planned?

This is the kind of "task" that really does not have an "owner." If you need copying see X; if you need sales reports, see Y; for facilities see Z, for market strategy see A, etc. And unfortunately, it is very easy for an unassigned task to have the ball dropped--everyone thinks someone else is handling it. After 40 years that isn't a very good excuse. Good for you for scheduling a party for your dad! GTell him to sign up on BYC and we'll Party Hearty for him!

I've been retired for 19 years and absolutely love it. I thought when I retired that I would get bored or miss my job and fellow firemen. However, it was like someone threw a switch and what dominated my life for so many years was gone and I don't miss it. Your father will adjust quickly and being able to do more things with his grandchildren will sustain him. Tell him congratulations from me.

Thanks opa!
i may print this out tommorrow, hes learned so much on this website, about building coops, (*he built mine)
so he would feel so good knowing all such the nice comments.
smile.png

i may not show him the part that i called his boss tho.
th.gif

19 years is such a looong time too! thanks for your firefighting services!
thumbsup.gif

Excuse the sarcasm, but this surprises you ?
Today it's all about the money. They could care less about their employees. It's you against them. They in essence own you until you quit, retire or die. This goes for all companies.
Hope you dad enjoys his retirement. That's the best revenge he can have.

Back
Top Bottom