Reusing a Chicken Name?

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
Ridiculous question:

Is it ok to reuse a chicken's name?

I normally wouldn't ask, but the name I want to reuse was for a chick that died rather badly.

I'm adopting a special needs Polish frizzle. My chickens all have flower names. I want to name this new one Thistle. It just fits. But I also don't want to invite bad luck or upset the chicken gods or whatever.
🤣

Just look at the thing. Doesn't it look like a Thistle???
20220527_171258.jpg

Leg deformity. It'll be a house chicken (for now) with my partially blind Polish named Myrtle.

Hoping to get them outside in a "special needs" coop at some point, but neither is ready for outdoors yet.

Thistle Jr it is!
When you get mad you can holler TJ!

Leg deformity. It'll be a house chicken (for now) with my partially blind Polish named Myrtle.

Hoping to get them outside in a "special needs" coop at some point, but neither is ready for outdoors yet.

Thistle Jr it is!
I hope you will post how Thistle Jr (TJ) is doing as she grows. I am caring for a special needs chick - now 8 weeks old and am sort of making it up as I go along.
Here is where I posted for help on Bernadette's situation. She is doing well and my early intervention seems to have fixed her left leg - but her right is now more-or-less useless. She is still young so I am hoping I can still help her improve it. She is feisty with a strong will to live and engages in all sorts of nonsense even though she is effectively one-legged!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/3-week-old-chick-with-a-bad-leg-any-advice-please.1519956/
So anyway, I am keen to learn from others experience of chickens living with a bad leg.

Back
Top Bottom