Revenge was mine today GRAPHIC PICS PLEASE BE WARNED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend was outside with her chickens in the yard during the day. Coyote ran under the barb wire fence surrounding the property, grabbed a chicken and kept running.

Its hard to make a living up north and when an animal goes down, it could literally be the difference between making money that year and skipping the tax payment (and we all know how well that goes over).

Maybe some things are more important than money, ya know?

Personally I think a healthy eco-system is far more important than any one individual's bottom-line. And yes, in case you are wondering, I put my money where my mouth is. I'm certainly one that's willing to pay more for meats raised sustainably, and if that means a rancher has to work a net loss from predators into the per pound price of meat, so be it. I pay between $7 and $18 dollars a pound for my meat, and I'm ok with that.

Like I said, some things are just more important to me.

just read this and bantams coyote post and thought I throw in my 2 cents.

we are pretty isolated up here in north dakota (rarely see more than 3 cars go by a day) and live on 7.5 acres that is fenced in with only one gate, there are 2 horses and 2 dogs (Border Collie crosses) that are pretty protective of the place (although they spend most of the time indoors).

You can often hear the coyotes at night in the fields around us.

I suppose you could call me a softhearted guy when it comes to animals, I won't hunt, (well, I was finally driven to shoot gophers because they were ruining the yard). It's not that I am against it (hunting), but I have no NEED to do it. I don't mind if other people do it. My wife is a vet, and its really hard when I have to help her do surgeries, but I'll do it if I have to. We had brought 5 kittens up from Iowa when we moved and they were supposed to be "barn cats" but I couldn't bear to stick em outside, and when we had to put 2 of them to sleep I dug graves for them. When we slaughtered 17 cornish x's I couldn't do it.......
you get the idea...

however I do like guns
big_smile.png

But last fall, before we had any chickens, there was a coyote inside the fence. the dogs were trying to go through the window, and it was just strolling around.....

oh yeah--one good thing about living out here in the country is that when you gotta go--you can just go. And I KNOW I've "marked most of my territory......

.....anyhow, that coyote was inside the fence, so without hesitation, I shot it dead--there's no reason for it to be in here when it has so much land around us, and I'll do the same thing again.

sheesh that got long winded
th.gif

Joel

scatala i disagree with your post id rather kill a cyote or racoon or wolf that i dont know or like than lose a pet or livestock that doesnt eat other animals on a daily basis. by killing the one predator you can save the life of many creatures so why should the cyote or wolf be allowed to kill ?

> by killing the one predator you can save the life of many creatures so why should the cyote or wolf be allowed to kill ?

Because that's how nature works. I mean, are you a vegetarian? If not, why should you eat meat and no other creature?

I think it helps to step back and look at the larger picture. It's not about individual lives. The health of our planet depends on a vibrant, poly-speceistic landscape, from the bacteria in the soil to insects all the way up the food-chain. Mono-speism (by which only a handful of animals exist) is a recipe for an environmental disaster.

Anyone who doubts my word, just take a trip to the wasteland that is now called Kansas and visit the stinking cattle pens there. It would break your heart.

>.....anyhow, that coyote was inside the fence, so without hesitation, I shot it dead--there's no reason for it to be in here when it has so much land around us, and I'll do the same thing again.

I'm pretty sure coyotes don't "get" fences and property lines. That's a human construct.

Quote:
I don't thinking killing a few pests (coons, coyotes, etc) is going to throw off the ecosystem and cause a world collapse as you seem to be putting it. Mentioning "environmental disaster" in a post about shooting a coyote? A good kill is a good kill. It isn't like anyone here is out trying to eradicate these animals from their area. They do their best to keep them out, but when something gets in and attacks livestock/a pet, well...

And about the cattle pens... How does that factor into this?

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree with most of your postings on the environment and how we need to address and fix it.

I have a problem with this one, you equate YOU paying 7-18$ for a pound of meat to someone losing the farm. That isn't even close in my opion.

Quote:
Scatcatla, okay so you'll pay alot for your meat, good for you! But when a farmer/rancher has to file bankruptcy and lose his ranch/farm, it's alot different than paying for overpriced meat. It's losing a livelyhood, a career, and even a life. It's the only life that the farmer/rancher knows. They should have the right to protect their family and property against any man or beast. How can you value an animals life over a human life? Your statement was rediculous!

Okie, tell your son "way to squeeze one off"!

Most so called "environmentalists" don't have a clue.
Managing wildlife doesn't mean live and let live. There are areas where that philosophy has seen disasterous results. Predators, sometimes introduced or, in the case of wolves, re-introduced species, have decimated wild populations of deer. elk, and antelope, right down to the smallest rodents. Then, the only things left to predate is......our livelstock. Predators have a place. But its NOT ON MY PLACE. I will shoot a coyote, fox, weasel, CAT, DOG, etc...if its threatening whats mine. I don't think twice about it. If they have to hunt my livestock there are TOO MANY of them and they need to be culled.

The only gun control needed is........a steady aim and smooth sqeeze of the trigger!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom