Reviving a weak chick-help!

Antomongis

Chirping
Jun 11, 2020
hi everyone! i have had a good amount of experience in nursing ducklings back to health. a friend of mine calls on me whenever he needs help with a baby. i have had one runt quail who i unfortunately lost and one runt chick who survived. this little guy got a chill from falling in his water bowl and then was trampled. my friend asked me to take him in. i have made an electrolyte molasses solution and a madh of peas, corn meal, and chick food but he doesn’t seem interested at all. i am being sure to keep him warm and letting him sleep but waking him up to try feeding regularly. he seems to be gradually gaining strength and becoming more attentive. i could use some advice if anyone has any! i will attach some pics of him, i named him teddy bc he looks like a teddy bear. my friend got him from tractor supply and estimates that he is 3 days old. thank you all!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    887.5 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 7
  • 3CFC1AB6-98AA-4CC5-888C-FF405F5B47AC.jpeg
    3CFC1AB6-98AA-4CC5-888C-FF405F5B47AC.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 8
He seems curled up a lot. Does he stay under the heat lamp a lot or is your house warm enough that you don’t use a heat lamp?
Electrolytes in the water is good and making a chick feed mash would help.
Is he breathing normal?

He seems curled up a lot. Does he stay under the heat lamp a lot or is your house warm enough that you don’t use a heat lamp?
Electrolytes in the water is good and making a chick feed mash would help.
Is he breathing normal?
I made the room 95 degrees with a space heater. I’ve had some heating lamp horror stories that almost resulted in fires so i’ve shied away from those. He seemed to be breathing well last night and even started chirping later in the night. Unfortunately, however, he had lost his fight when I woke up this morning. :(

Back
Top Bottom