Rhode Island Red Comb and Wattles

So Millie is now 10 months old and her comb and wattles are coming through !! :D Here is a picture of her. She also weighs 2.7kg / 6 pounds now !
Not laying eggs yet, but maybe soon !

View attachment 1037107
I hope you see this, I know this post is an old one. Just wondering how you fed her considering she wasn’t laying but technically old enough to lay? Was she mixed in with laying chickens and did you have to feed them all Growers mash or pellets and supplement the layers with oyster shell for calcium? (I also have a Rhode Island Red with a small comb and wattle, not laying yet and living with chickens who are laying) Thanks in advance!

I hope you see this, I know this post is an old one. Just wondering how you fed her considering she wasn’t laying but technically old enough to lay? Was she mixed in with laying chickens and did you have to feed them all Growers mash or pellets and supplement the layers with oyster shell for calcium? (I also have a Rhode Island Red with a small comb and wattle, not laying yet and living with chickens who are laying) Thanks in advance! (Attaching photo of her with her flock sisters!)
6FCE591A-DE0D-4273-B6F8-6958D21A1A93.jpeg
View attachment 2123457

I hope you see this, I know this post is an old one. Just wondering how you fed her considering she wasn’t laying but technically old enough to lay? Was she mixed in with laying chickens and did you have to feed them all Growers mash or pellets and supplement the layers with oyster shell for calcium? (I also have a Rhode Island Red with a small comb and wattle, not laying yet and living with chickens who are laying) Thanks in advance!
@RooChick hasn't been around for a couple years, so not likely to reply.
But I feed my flock and 'all flock' type feed from hatch to harvest.
Just supply active layers with a separate feeder of Oyster Shells.

Update ! Millicent laid her first egg last Thursday !

She's all grown up :)
This is so funny I bought 2 rir from city chicks aswell at 26weeks two months later they still look exactly the same just like your pics.
the mix breed they use must be late bloomers This settled me I also thought maybe something is wrong (am I not giving them the right food and so on lool)
So great to know she good💖

Back
Top Bottom