rhode island red cross with wyandotte, has ear tuffs, is it ee?

silkymom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
this roo i just got is beautiful hes supposed rodh island red mom and wyandotte roo, but he has ear tuffs, the old guy that raised him does have a few ee hens, he does have bright yellow legs, would he be considered ee? ill try to get a pic, soon as the hens stop beating on him,

If he has ear tufts, then he is not a Rhode Island Red/Wyandotte cross. He is probably an Easter Egger, or an Easter Egger mix.

i thought so but the bright yellow legs didnt seem right, he has a rose comb, and no wattles, just fluffy ears, hes white with all blurs and black an a tan mane, i thought ees has slate legs, i do believe ya,

i thought so but the bright yellow legs didnt seem right, he has a rose comb, and no wattles, just fluffy ears, hes white with all blurs and black an a tan mane, i thought ees has slate legs, i do believe ya,

When you start crossing a cross (the EE), the "rules" about things like leg color, etc go out the window

Easter egger/brown Leghorn hen....note the pretty yellow legs.

Pic above doesn't show muffs and beard well, but this bird also had yellow legs, you can clearly see her muffs.

I don't have a pic, but I have a mixed cockerel in the grow-out pen who is shades of red and black. Yellow legs, straight comb and large muffs!

thanks, well my boy has bright yellow long legs,and i know the roo was wyandotte, but like i said the guy had rohed island hen , some sex links and im sure at least 2 ee hens, he said he only had one blue eg layer im guessing the other ee laye brown or tan, he did hatch this bird, i got him because he was gonna butcher all young roos he didnt need, i liked this one, hes a sweetheart, if not henpecked right now, im so mad at the hens for bieng mean to him, dont care what he is i really like him

going to the old guys birthday party on saterday , will get better look at flock, ill figure it out i think an ee is the hen

heres my good boy, the hens still hate him,hard to see his fluffy cheeks, and i did clip flights when i got him he was wild, hes a sweetheart now, me and him in the coop alot, flight feathers were all mottled blue and greenish

Back
Top Bottom