1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rhode Island Red Thread! Post Pics, talk about the wonderful RIR's

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chicken Frenzie, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    [​IMG] I've had two.. a hen and a rooster. The rooster I had last year was really mean.. so we gave him away. [​IMG]
    Heres my first RIR egg!
    [​IMG]
    And heres the second one...
    [​IMG]
    Chessnut-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Nugget-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful Eggs,Beautiful birds [​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Bingo. [​IMG]

If anything, we would need a "Production Red" thread [​IMG] No offense to you hatchery-bred production red owners, but I'm just sayin' - There's a lot of Heritage discussion out there, so sure, someone with "normal" and common Reds can have a thread I guess.

4. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    good idea illia we should make this a production Red thread. as most people have these instead of the rare haritage RIRS so this thread may work!

ya its a horrible pic but this is my rooster clayton
    [​IMG]

is 3 years and still nice.

5. Kaceyx73

Kaceyx73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2010
    I guess we will have to consider this our production red thread, unless someone wants to start one. If so, sign me up. I have 11 pullets and a roo, all 5 months now. Here's a few pics I snapped today. We actually got some good sunlight. Good for us and the birds, but not so good for the camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I don't know what to say about the pose, other than he looks ready for war. He held that for a couple of minutes and never seemed agitated or anything. Made a cool pic though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by